PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you have GPS lag?

i found this thread at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411156

i found that even though iguidance 4.0 works excellent the GPS lag , i'm always 1 block ahead. Does anyone else suffer from GPS lag and know a way to fix it. i'm using juicy telus rom 2.0 (never tried it with sprint rom)
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

yettihead is a n00b
Re: Do you have GPS lag?

Have you tried Franson GPSGate? I use that on my mogul and it eliminates the GPS Lag.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

I went out of town Friday and had really bad GPS lag with iGuidance 4.0. It would get stuck showing me a certain distance away from my next turn, and not update past that. Basically, it would show me as an example, 4.9 miles from my turn. I would get to my turn and it would still be showing 4.9 miles. I could get the arrow to move to my real location by tapping the screen, but the distance indicator would not behave. Is it only iGuidance or does TomTom do the same? I'm in a 1x area, so the network based GPS just don't work well for me.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I used my tomtom to get me to niagara fals on the weekend. just for kicks cuz i know my way.

it lagged about 30ft behind me and then would catch up but if i stepped on it i could easily our run my gps marker again. and then it would catch up eventually.

its not the gps its self i think its software lag. i used my tomtom blue tooth gps adapter as well as the internal gps and yielded almost the same lag in most cases as well.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettihead View Post
Have you tried Franson GPSGate? I use that on my mogul and it eliminates the GPS Lag.
no is not the lag we are talking about here, i use to have a mogul and a touch and know which lag you are talking. the diamond (from sprint and telus) doesn't suffer from this lag which is related to software (iguidance) the lag is somehow related to soemthing else. it does work properly (refresh find) but it always about 1 block behind. i did try GPSGate to see if it makes a different and it don't, the same lag occur.

the lag is fine if you are in the country side, but if you are in the city (new york, like me) a gps with 5 second lag is unusable.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

NYC... heck you could just be losing satloc, you're in the canyons. Once you drop satloc you're back to agps which pretty much means "guess where I am, more or less, within a few hundred feet."

Does it do it in the open?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have used GPS more than a few times and have not seen any lag at all. It is always right on for me...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have used GPS more than a few times and have not seen any lag at all. It is always right on for me...
if you have a car with some balls, try hammering on it and watch it lag
Old 09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

The days of ballsy cars and hammering on the go-go pedal for me are gone. I have four kids and a grand-daughter, so I drive very carefully. OMG... I just realized that now I drive like my Dad. Great... I am becoming what I always swore that I would not.

Well, at least I have floor tickets for Metallica in January at the Joe in Detroit. It may take me a while to drive up there but at least I can rock out like I used to. Damn, I just said used to. I am getting old...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
The days of ballsy cars and hammering on the go-go pedal for me are gone. I have four kids and a grand-daughter, so I drive very carefully. OMG... I just realized that now I drive like my Dad. Great... I am becoming what I always swore that I would not.

Well, at least I have floor tickets for Metallica in January at the Joe in Detroit. It may take me a while to drive up there but at least I can rock out like I used to. Damn, I just said used to. I am getting old...
LOL we all grow up

i found no lag once i got going to a consistent speed. but if you change your rate of speed quickly (go from 0-60mph in a short period of time) the marker plays catch up until your speed plateaus and your going at a constant. and if you hammer on it like i said you leave your marker in the dust for about 2-3 sec then it catches up.

I have the mustang out untill the snow hits so i tend to open it up on the back roads hehe

its acceptible though. i had no issues follwoing the GPS as long as your eyes are open and your paying attention you can put 2 and 2 togeather and compensate for the 2-3 sec lag you get SOMETIMES. still not as good as my old treo which had no lag but it was also Qvga. i have a feeling the lag is due to the app not the gps its self as i am locked on 12 sats when this happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond