PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/ Htc pro
Carrier: Telus

rottirudy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie Question Please help

I have been reading readin reading and there is a ton of in on this site and it is very inforomative, I was wondering because I have not found the answer to this question. So hear goes, actually a coulpe of questions..
1. Will flashing teh rom void the warrenty
2. Is there a program out there that will let me make a complete back up of my rom incase it has to go away for service at any time?
3. Does the custumeized roms run wm 6.1?
4. Does it matter who I donate too?

Thanks to anyone that can answer these questions for me I know they are probally stupid questions but still I needed to ask since I could not find answers to them have been reading and reading with no luck to someof these.. Once again and thanks to one and all that helps.. This is the best site I have found about these products.. Thanks once again...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900

ptmowery is a n00b
Re: Newbie Question Please help

yes
no
yes
no
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Here we go...

1. In theory, yes. Sprint and most all other vendors will not accept a phone that has a custom rom on it for return. Likewise they often refuse to work on a phone from a support stand point if there is a custom rom on it. So if you flash a custom rom and have hardware issues, flash back to the latest stock rom and then return the phone.
2. spb Backup does a backup of all the software and settings so that it will automatically put everything back the same way you had it each time you flash a new rom on your phone. Very cool feature. Other backup programs like Sprite Backup also work well. None of the good ones are free.
3. Most do, they should say in the rom release. I have not seen any Diamond roms that are not based on WM 6.1.
4. You can donate to the person who releases the rom that you like most, or you could donate to PPCGeeks, or both or neither. The great thing about this community is that donations are not required, they are just another way of expressing your thanks for this site and all the work the community does here.

Last edited by rainfreak; 09-23-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wow that was fast replies so once custom rom is installed there is no way to go back to factory Rom or is that what the OEM rom is ex. telus_stock rom? is that waht orginally came on the phone? And if that is writen back to the phone and the phone locked would it be jsut like when the phone came out of the box? Thanks for the extremely fast replies
Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottirudy View Post
Wow that was fast replies so once custom rom is installed there is no way to go back to factory Rom or is that what the OEM rom is ex. telus_stock rom?
You can always go back and yes, the rom that you gave an example of would be a stock rom.

Quote:
is that waht orginally came on the phone?
Correct again. The OEM roms are all dumped. You can also check the manufacturer's web site (i.e. www.htc.com) to see if there is a newer stock rom that has been released, if you need to flash a stock one back on for a warranty/insurance return.

Quote:
And if that is writen back to the phone and the phone locked would it be jsut like when the phone came out of the box?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Thanks for the extremely fast replies
You are more than welcome.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK already to flash the rom I beleive just one more stupid question my wife wasnt to know if i flash it will it loose the 2 games she likes? the bubble breaker and teeter? lol I know this is a stupid question but got to make her happy lol if not what games come on the juciey 2.1 Thanks and sorry about the stupid questions lol
Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Sorry but I cannot answer that as I have not flashed any of Juicy's roms. I would post this question in the thread for the rom that you downloaded or PM one of the BETA testers and ask them directly.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok does any of the custom roms have games installed? Can I ask waht rom you use?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

I am still running the stock Sprint rom and am very happy with it so far. I put a lot of tweaks into it via .cab files and the registry. As for what others cook into their roms, it is up to the chef, which is why there are always several cooked roms based off of the same base rom. Basically it boils down to user preference.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work

The juicy rom contains all the games that come on the standard telus rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond