PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup sound. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38074)

snovvman 09-21-2008 01:20 PM

How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup sound.

This is my original question:

Under Settings>Personal [tab]>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications [tab]>Messaging: New text message [pull down box]:

There is a setting for "Flash light for" with a checkbox and pull-down box. The setting is grayed out, the box is checked and pull-down is at 5 minutes.

How do I "ungray" this option and change the duartion of the LED flash? Something in the registry?

This is what I found:

Voicemail:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

SMS/text message

There are other keys that govern other notifications.

Changing the "Duration" will change the LED flash time
Removing the "AvailableOptions" DWORD will un-gray all options except "repeat for"

----------------------------------------------

I was also having a frustrating problem with startup sound:

I tried changing the name of the files, as well as removing the entries completely:

HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAnimation (startup animation and sound)
and
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen (The green WM 6.1 logo)

Also:
1) remove all keys (on my diamond only one) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Startup

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
ShutDownAsStartup = 1 change to 0

And:

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

I also tried three of the popular tweaking tools. Nothing seems to work on my Sprint CDMA Diamond. All startup animations are gone (Sprint and WM6), but the sound remains.

As it turned out, the sound was from the phone turning on the radio. Changing the value in this key solved the problem:

HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\Fligh tModeOnOFF\Sound_on

YMMV. Enjoy...

tmz 09-21-2008 10:21 PM

Re: How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup so

Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 426122)

Under Settings>Personal [tab]>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications [tab]>Messaging: New text message [pull down box]:

There is a setting for "Flash light for" with a checkbox and pull-down box. The setting is grayed out, the box is checked and pull-down is at 5 minutes.

How do I "ungray" this option and change the duartion of the LED flash? Something in the registry?

This is what I found:

Voicemail:

SMS/text message

Removing the "AvailableOptions" DWORD will un-gray all options except "repeat for"

I was also having a frustrating problem with startup sound:

I tried changing the name of the files, as well as removing the entries completely:

HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAnimation (startup animation and sound)
and
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen (The green WM 6.1 logo)

Also:
1) remove all keys (on my diamond only one) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Startup

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
ShutDownAsStartup = 1 change to 0

And:

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

I also tried three of the popular tweaking tools. Nothing seems to work on my Sprint CDMA Diamond. All startup animations are gone (Sprint and WM6), but the sound remains.

As it turned out, the sound was from the phone turning on the radio. Changing the value in this key solved the problem:

YMMV. Enjoy...

Thanks, I hate that sound wav sooooo much..

Thanks T M Z

rainfreak 09-21-2008 10:32 PM

Re: How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup so

Me too, thanks for sharing.

uptown 10-29-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Is everyone's this way by default?

swerv11n 10-30-2008 10:32 PM

Whats up fellas? I just got my touch pro today. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to PDA's. I was wondering if you could asnwer some questions for me. I wanted to have my LED flash like you guys have it how do i get into the registry for my phone. i know i need some registry tool. would PHM Registry Editor work and what would i do once its installed like what do type in or take out and where do i do it.i dont want to mess my phone up all i want is to make the LED pad stay flashing longer. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. also what is that light on top over the speaker part thanks alot for any help

kaos4u2nv 10-31-2008 12:32 PM

So the duration fix, is it in seconds or milliseconds? Also, how do you remove the available options dword? Do you mean I delete the file that says "Options" or do I reduce the decimal in options to 0? Someone please help!

snovvman 10-31-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos4u2nv (Post 487824)
So the duration fix, is it in seconds or milliseconds? Also, how do you remove the available options dword? Do you mean I delete the file that says "Options" or do I reduce the decimal in options to 0? Someone please help!

It is in seconds. You can either remove the value entirely (instruction differs between registry edit tools), or change the number to zero.

tracerit 12-03-2008 05:34 AM

which registry program is compatible with WM6.1 VGA to do these registry changes?

What value should I input if I want the light to flash unlimited until read?

EDIT: Answered my own questions hehe:

1. Download PHM Registry (Pocket PC 2002,2003 ARM/XPA)

2. Like in the original post, highlight "AvailableOptions" and Delete the entire entry.

Long Con 12-03-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

I am new to registry editing, and I don't want to make any mistakes.

I have found
HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\Fligh tModeOnOFF, but there doesn't seem to be any keys in there... the bottom pane in PHM Reg Edit is just empty. Do I Add a new key that says Sound_on=0?

wavezero 12-10-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

This is what I found:

Voicemail:

SMS/text message

I have played around with these and it is still no different than it was out of the box: Missed Calls and Texts- light will dance around the keypad until the notification is cleared. But for VM and emails it pulses for exactally two minutes. I changed the duration to 5, still exactally two minutes. any ideas...?