PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How is the battery life on your Diamond?
Great... Runs strong all day. 11 9.40%
Ok. As good as my Mogul 6 5.13%
Ok. As good as my Touch 23 19.66%
Poor. Not as good as my Mogul 18 15.38%
Poor. Not as good as my Touch 27 23.08%
Just plain bad. 32 27.35%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery life on CDMA Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
this battery REALLY sucks
ill agree... but i havent trained the battery. its only a few days old but how much better can it get ya know?

btw, is it possible to put juicys telus rom on sprint? i dont need sprint apps, i have the cabs of the ones i use. does juicys telus 2.0 have telus specific customizations?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

he said 2.1 will be out for sprint soon. right now theres a roaming bug that kills the battery in 1.1/2.0 Id suggest holding off a week or 2 till 2.1 comes out for Sprint.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

im on 1.1 right now an i have great location and never roam... am i good to use telus 2.0?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

id assume so ive deduced it only happens when roaming so if you always have Sprint service id assume itd be ok. I wont have my diamond until later this week, but i do know Juicy will have 2.1 out here pretty soon thatll fix all those bugs. ill prob just wait for 2.1 before flashing anything but i may try 2.0 out of the box since i hate the sprint muck-up of TFLO3d and i never roam that i know of normally.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Battery showed 80% after 12pm today, i browsed for about 10 minutes, made 2 phone calls, battery hadnt moved. I checked it an hour later it was at 40%. Ive already let the thing cycle completely several times from full to completely dead. Its hard to do that though because its never a convenient time to NOT charge it.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bastimret is a n00b

Mine seems to be getting better, but I have to make sure to turn ariplane mode on while at work since I get no connection inside my office and the constant signal seeking drains it fast. As long as I do that, it seems ok.

Took it off the charger this morning, didn't use it much till around 10am. I browsed a bit when I went outside on a break, and played some games during lunch and during my break in the afternoon. Talked with my wife a bit on the way home, took a few pics and vids of my son when I picked him up at daycare.

At home tonight, I've been browsing throughout heroes since around 9pm with my WiFi and phone radio on, and then playing some MP3's for the past 20 min or so trying to drain it so I can fully charge it again, and it's now down to 20%. Still trying to drain it before I go to bed.

I think it will be better once it breaks in a bit more. But if I leave the phone radio on inside at work, it'll be close to dead by the time I leave at 5pm. That constant seeking really drains it faaaast.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

this afternoon my battery died from full charge in less than 4 hours. wifi turned off, incoming beams off, bluetooth off. no push email. weather app was updating however. 15 min of mp3 player, 5 min gps, 45 min of web browsing, 2 min phone call. pretty typical performance.

edit: i've used a mogul for the last year and i'd still get almsot a full day with stock battery with lots of use.

Last edited by iwillfearnoevil; 09-24-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It seems there are quite a few first time HTC/PDA owners here and they expected these phones to last like a Moto Razor.

Personally I turned off the GPS Location setting, it seems that this phone has the GPS on all the time. Do a ##DEBUG# and check GPS and you'll see you have data. It's not so on the Mogul and Touch, they show N/A until you actually use something that calls up the GPS.

I have been fiddling with my phone like it was a new girlfriend, and battery is at 50%. It was only at 20% by this time yesteday with GPS Location "ON".

-CC

BTW Stock Sprint ROM, no battery hacks or tweaks yet.

Last edited by clockcycle; 09-24-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

wheat fields are you looking at? i have not run gps since i rebooted phone this morning and nothing is showing up in the data section for any 'items'. where do we change 'gps location' setting? (coming from the mogul where my battery would last more than twice as long).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond