PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup sound.

This is my original question:

Under Settings>Personal [tab]>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications [tab]>Messaging: New text message [pull down box]:

There is a setting for "Flash light for" with a checkbox and pull-down box. The setting is grayed out, the box is checked and pull-down is at 5 minutes.

How do I "ungray" this option and change the duartion of the LED flash? Something in the registry?

This is what I found:

Voicemail:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

SMS/text message

There are other keys that govern other notifications.

Changing the "Duration" will change the LED flash time
Removing the "AvailableOptions" DWORD will un-gray all options except "repeat for"

----------------------------------------------

I was also having a frustrating problem with startup sound:

I tried changing the name of the files, as well as removing the entries completely:

HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAnimation (startup animation and sound)
and
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen (The green WM 6.1 logo)

Also:
1) remove all keys (on my diamond only one) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Startup

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
ShutDownAsStartup = 1 change to 0

And:

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

I also tried three of the popular tweaking tools. Nothing seems to work on my Sprint CDMA Diamond. All startup animations are gone (Sprint and WM6), but the sound remains.

As it turned out, the sound was from the phone turning on the radio. Changing the value in this key solved the problem:

HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\Fligh tModeOnOFF\Sound_on

YMMV. Enjoy...

Last edited by snovvman; 09-21-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Founded solution to question
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:21 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup so

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post

Under Settings>Personal [tab]>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications [tab]>Messaging: New text message [pull down box]:

There is a setting for "Flash light for" with a checkbox and pull-down box. The setting is grayed out, the box is checked and pull-down is at 5 minutes.

How do I "ungray" this option and change the duartion of the LED flash? Something in the registry?

This is what I found:

Voicemail:

SMS/text message

Removing the "AvailableOptions" DWORD will un-gray all options except "repeat for"

I was also having a frustrating problem with startup sound:

I tried changing the name of the files, as well as removing the entries completely:

HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAnimation (startup animation and sound)
and
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen (The green WM 6.1 logo)

Also:
1) remove all keys (on my diamond only one) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Startup

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
ShutDownAsStartup = 1 change to 0

And:

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

I also tried three of the popular tweaking tools. Nothing seems to work on my Sprint CDMA Diamond. All startup animations are gone (Sprint and WM6), but the sound remains.

As it turned out, the sound was from the phone turning on the radio. Changing the value in this key solved the problem:

YMMV. Enjoy...
Thanks, I hate that sound wav sooooo much..

Thanks T M Z
Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup so

Me too, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pr0

uptown is just getting started

Quote:

Is everyone's this way by default?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro sprint

swerv11n is a n00b

Whats up fellas? I just got my touch pro today. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to PDA's. I was wondering if you could asnwer some questions for me. I wanted to have my LED flash like you guys have it how do i get into the registry for my phone. i know i need some registry tool. would PHM Registry Editor work and what would i do once its installed like what do type in or take out and where do i do it.i dont want to mess my phone up all i want is to make the LED pad stay flashing longer. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. also what is that light on top over the speaker part thanks alot for any help
Old 10-31-2008, 12:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kaos4u2nv is a n00b

So the duration fix, is it in seconds or milliseconds? Also, how do you remove the available options dword? Do you mean I delete the file that says "Options" or do I reduce the decimal in options to 0? Someone please help!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos4u2nv View Post
So the duration fix, is it in seconds or milliseconds? Also, how do you remove the available options dword? Do you mean I delete the file that says "Options" or do I reduce the decimal in options to 0? Someone please help!
It is in seconds. You can either remove the value entirely (instruction differs between registry edit tools), or change the number to zero.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

which registry program is compatible with WM6.1 VGA to do these registry changes?

What value should I input if I want the light to flash unlimited until read?

EDIT: Answered my own questions hehe:

1. Download PHM Registry (Pocket PC 2002,2003 ARM/XPA)

2. Like in the original post, highlight "AvailableOptions" and Delete the entire entry.

Last edited by tracerit; 12-03-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Long Con is a n00b

Quote:

I am new to registry editing, and I don't want to make any mistakes.

I have found
HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\Fligh tModeOnOFF, but there doesn't seem to be any keys in there... the bottom pane in PHM Reg Edit is just empty. Do I Add a new key that says Sound_on=0?

Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:

This is what I found:

Voicemail:

SMS/text message

I have played around with these and it is still no different than it was out of the box: Missed Calls and Texts- light will dance around the keypad until the notification is cleared. But for VM and emails it pulses for exactally two minutes. I changed the duration to 5, still exactally two minutes. any ideas...?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond