PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tytn II

stavros_f is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Re: How to clean up memory on the Diamond?

Hello to eveyone!! i was taking a look for a couple of days on how can we solve the lack of memory on our Diamonds..So i felt into this forum. Firstly the lack of memory caused because of the TFlo3D (our today) when changing tabs sometimes runs Album and Audio Manager together.Unfortunately Htc designed a beautifull user interface that don't works normally.Anyway..My searches about our subject felt on programm that clean the memory and terminates the above running progs , the programm is called NoTSR found on xda-developers forum published by a user named Kosherpig. You should install all your progs into internal storage except those shown in your today , settings and g-sensor apps(not games).

NoTSR Also found here but you'd better take a look on the site for further information.
http://rapidshare.com/files/167475142/NoTSR_3.zip.html
Old 11-26-2008, 04:07 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: How to clean up memory on the Diamond?

Old 11-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tytn II

stavros_f is a n00b

is that photo fake??
or it's not a diamond..
Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros_f View Post
is that photo fake??
or it's not a diamond..
No‚ it‛s real. Click the pocoROM link in my sig below..
Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint htc Diamond

DoctorM is a n00b

Hello Friends,

I read the entire pages here and I used Tweaks2k2 to move almost all DLL to the Internal Storage and the result was GREAT. Also, in Opera:Config, search for cache and tell it to cache to the Internal Storage. Another free program (ClearTemp) will move your Opera cache to the Internal Storage. I hope this would help.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Lurker

vspectra is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
The Diamond doesn't have an Extended ROM area. I found out that Opera doesn't get installed if you reset it before it customizes, but that's not a problem. Just look in the \Windows directory for WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB file. I installed Opera to the storage card and saved nearly 10MB of space!
Did you do that on a Diamond? I have tried it but even though I choose "Internal Storage", it automatically install in the device memory. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
This might be a revelation or this may be stating the obvious, but yesterday I realized that text messages are being kept in main memory. I cleaned up my text history and regained 10M!!!! Any way besides reg edits to move text message logs to internal storage? It also looks like I have a 6meg file, probably garbage in Windows/messaging. Is this my email repository? Should I just delete the whole file and re download my emails? Cryptic filenames are a pain, who knows what this crap is?
yes email attachments/data are stored in internal storage UNLESS u tell poutlook to save them on storage device.

go to messaging>menu>tools>options>storage tab> and click on "when available, use this storage card to store attachments".

that will move any attachments to the storage card, and in my case, saved me about 6 megs of ram

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspectra View Post
Did you do that on a Diamond? I have tried it but even though I choose "Internal Storage", it automatically install in the device memory. Any ideas?
Yes ... Once you've installed the app (and yes it does go to the \program files directory, just move it to the Internal Storage card. Recreate the shortcut to point to the new location and ta-da! It's been moved.

By default, some apps still install into Main Memory due to the way the CAB is encoded. It will run just fine from the Internal Storage area.

Good luck!

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Frustrator is a n00b

In the first week I had the phone it said I was low on Main Memory. As I hadn't loaded anything on the phone yet except a few mp3's in order to fiddle with the Trimmer Tool, I knew that couldn't be right.

I took the phone to my Sprint Store, and after fiddling with it, the "HTC guru" couldn't find any reason for the issues. They told me to get lost for 45 minutes and they backed me up and reloaded the system. Haven't had any issues since.

I haven't really loaded much else to my phone or tried to customize much, seeing as I'm smart phone hack retarded. I joined this forum to try and research this stuff, so when I finally do it, I don't fry my phone :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond