PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Baked 1.6 with Ultimate Kernel
Carrier: Sprint

JimboKern is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to clean up memory on the Diamond?

Connect via activesync enable hidden folders - delete items in recycled on internal storage and device - pocket mechanic is a nice pick up as well.... I have many programs installed on both the device and internal, rollin with 78MB of free storage.... Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by docangle View Post
From analyzin the Windows Dir, The most Two Dir that contain files that can be deleted are 'Rings' and Touch Mobile Guide' over 15mb of space. Just delete the Ringers that you don't need, and the entire Touch Mobile Guide. You can back them up before you delete them.

I tried to copy and/or move the touch mobile guide to my internal storage so I could then delete it from storage memory but it seems to be "read only" and can not be moved or copied using activesync. I then tried copy and pasting it using file explorer and it seemed to work but really didn't. Not only didn't it work but now I can't access the touch mobile guide at all. How did you move it? How did you delete it? I'm probably going to have to do a restore from this mornings spb backup. I'M NOT HAPPY!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

docangle is becoming a great contributor

Leave the folder and delete everything that is inside it. Also don't use Activesync to delete the files use 'FileExplorer' on the device and make sure you select the option to 'Show All Files' under the Menu option.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by docangle View Post
Leave the folder and delete everything that is inside it. Also don't use Activesync to delete the files use 'FileExplorer' on the device and make sure you select the option to 'Show All Files' under the Menu option.
I don't know. I tried everything I could. I really don't see any difference when I use 'show all files', and I really do want to be able to dispaly the touch mobile guide, I just wanted to put it on internal storage. I made a copy and I couldn't display anything from the internal storage copy, I browsed into the mobile guide folder and clicked on index and it brought up opera and got an error opera:illegal-url-0. I restored system files from my morning spb backup and now it works again....whew....

Really would like more storage memory, guess I'll try your opera cache suggestion next, but that's just 4M based on the default cache value so not reclaiming a lot. What is all this s..t on storage? Seems really stupid!!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

well the device comes with only 90 MB when you first turn it one and out of that 90, 45 or so is already used by the system. So not sure how much more you are going to get. You are not goint get all 90 back. My Touch had more memory than this but it's a trade off for TF3D and the phone itself of course.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams
Old 10-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Lurker

VW Beetle72 is a n00b

I deleted the Touch Guide files, which nicely freed up about 10MB. Problem is that they seem to have reinstalled themselves the next time I ran Activesync. There are hundreds of these damn guide files---all named by their section numbers--in the Windows folder now, and I can't delete.

Any way to get rid of these bloody files for good?
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

laestrella is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycelover View Post
I just picked up my diamond today and was installing some small programs when all of a sudden my storage memory was "critically low" and dropped down to 0mb!! That's when I realized that I was using the storage memory to store my email attachments through an exchange mail server. Once I selected the internal storage card to store the email attachments, I recovered about 37mb of storage. Hope this helps someone else with storage memory problems.
thank you so much for this. i didn't even realize i was saving attachments, much less to main memory. as soon as i made the change i went from 9mb free to 25mb!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Treasure58 is a n00b

Is it safe to delete the cab files in the Windows folder or will I be screwed in the event that I need to do a hard reset? In other words, will a hard reset restore those cabs from ROM?
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

The change of Opera cache does free up 4mb, now the problem is how we can get rid of those pre-installed junkies while mainting the overall good-looking Sprint interface.

To me, SprintNav is useless, since I use igo for GPS. And other junkies should be installed in internal storage. The question is if we have a way to uninstall or delete those junkie after sprint customerization. I know we can skip the installation but we lose the interface.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237

my question is which programs can and can not run on the internal storage memory. these are the programs on my main memory:
1. diamond hologram
2. king sol solitaire
3. gyrator 2
4. instant messaging
5. pocketlock
6. rss hub
7. sprinttv
8. tcmp
10. telenav
11. window media player

i am curious which of these programs i can re-install on my internal storage memory and have it still work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond