PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to clean up memory on the Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
If you have been using Opera quite a bit it will cache all the info in the phone's storage memory. Go into Opera and clear the cache, this should open up more memory for you.

Wow..I had no idea about this. I had about 10MB cached and was wondering why I'm always loosing memory.

Thx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

Lokks is a n00b

Quote:
If you have been using Opera quite a bit it will cache all the info in the phone's storage memory. Go into Opera and clear the cache, this should open up more memory for you.
thanks it did help
Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr

good post here..

heres MY issue im having. i have 32mb left and it is still saying that "voicecommand.exe" and "gwes.exe" could not be started. after the phone finishes coming back from a soft reset i still get the same issue and when i try to use voice command i always get the "i dont have enough memory" pop-up. even at 32+mb
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sjh858 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sjh858

okay, im getting my first ppc tomorrow (Diamond). my dad had an original HTC Touch and I messed with that a bit. Isn't the 4GB of internal memory able to host these files?! The RAM, i thought, was just to write-to while the software was running. I'll be super pissed if this phone isn't the frickin bomb. I want to install lots of games and stupid stuff. I don't want to be limited to like 4 things on the device. I may just be really confused as to whats going on here. Someone fill me in
Old 09-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh858 View Post
okay, im getting my first ppc tomorrow (Diamond). my dad had an original HTC Touch and I messed with that a bit. Isn't the 4GB of internal memory able to host these files?! The RAM, i thought, was just to write-to while the software was running. I'll be super pissed if this phone isn't the frickin bomb. I want to install lots of games and stupid stuff. I don't want to be limited to like 4 things on the device. I may just be really confused as to whats going on here. Someone fill me in
Yes, you can install most games and apps to the Internal Storage of 4GB. Most of the issues users are encountering are issues where Opera and other programs are eating up program memory with their HUGE caches and these need to be cleaned up periodically especially if you are a heavy user.

I do know that you can type opera:config into the Opera browser address bar and enter the configuration utility. Within this screen you can modify the storage locations for Opera but I havent truly delved into this one too much because there are tons of options here for configuring your Opera.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started

I just picked up my diamond today and was installing some small programs when all of a sudden my storage memory was "critically low" and dropped down to 0mb!! That's when I realized that I was using the storage memory to store my email attachments through an exchange mail server. Once I selected the internal storage card to store the email attachments, I recovered about 37mb of storage. Hope this helps someone else with storage memory problems.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
sorry for the dumb question but when I opened up the cache it says 4000 with an option to change the number how do I clear it out?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you go to the Privacy section in the setting menu you should see an option to Delete Cache.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

docangle is becoming a great contributor

From analyzin the Windows Dir, The most Two Dir that contain files that can be deleted are 'Rings' and Touch Mobile Guide' over 15mb of space. Just delete the Ringers that you don't need, and the entire Touch Mobile Guide. You can back them up before you delete them.

For Opera you can change the Cache to the Internal Storage by adding the following to the Opera.ini file in the Windows/Opera9 folder uder the User Prefs section:

Cache Directory4=\Internal Storage\operacache\

You will also need to create the directory on the Internal Storage called operacache. Once this is done just delete the cache folder in the opera9 folder.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh858 View Post
The RAM isn't what you have to worry about. With 192MB of ram, you can run just about anything. The Diamond comes with 4GB of internal storage for apps / games, so I don't think you will have to worry much. I have about 10-15 different programs / games that I run on the Diamond, and none of them have had any troubles installing to the internal storage (even .NET CF). And btw, the phone is the bomb, I get looks all day long when I have my phone out. Most people haven't even seen it yet.

Btw, the Sprint ROM is nothing compared to the custom ROMs that are available for this phone. Check out the Diamond Upgrades section. Juciy 2.4.1 is my personal favorite so far.

Last edited by sn0b0ard; 10-07-2008 at 01:57 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond