PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: How to clean up memory on the Diamond?

A clean up utility will go a long way towards freeing up space. It will find/delete temp files, internet debris and such. Two popular ones are MemMaid (what I'm using) and SKTools. They are commercial products, but do come with a trial period.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

I just did a hard reset and then soft reset the device twice to prevent the customization software from being installed. That stuff takes up about 20MB of space! Now without that extra crap, I have 76MB of storage space in main memory. After my normal sync of contacts, calendar and files, I am left with 64MB. I'm much happier now.

Now if Sprint would change my phone status so I can get it activated, I'd be very happy. It's stuck in limbo as still being listed as 'processing' even though I've had it since Friday. It cannot be activated in that status.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

FYI ... I just found out that a hard reset DOES NOT wipe out the Internal Storage space. For some reason, I just assumed it would. This is better news than I ever could have imagined !
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Hey JohnBecker, i'm glad i'm not the only one that can't get this thing activated. I received mine on friday as well & have been told the same thing as you, that it's still processing. Hopefully tomorrow they can figure it out. How long do you wait after you hard reset it, to do a soft reset to not let the sprint stuff get installed?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:33 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You have to do it before the 3sec. or it will customization.

Thanks T M Z
Old 09-21-2008, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Ok, thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

jwfos22 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to jwfos22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
A clean up utility will go a long way towards freeing up space. It will find/delete temp files, internet debris and such. Two popular ones are MemMaid (what I'm using) and SKTools. They are commercial products, but do come with a trial period.
So basicly memmaid & SKtools will free up space on it's own or do you have to run the program in order to do the clean up.Also were can I find these two programs.Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfos22 View Post
So basicly memmaid & SKtools will free up space on it's own or do you have to run the program in order to do the clean up.Also were can I find these two programs.Thanks
Well, you'll need to run the program, but you can set a cleanup schedule so that the app will run without attention on your part. MemMaid can be found at www.dinarsoft.com and SKTools at www.s-k-tools.com
Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

when you do a hard reset, and do a soft to stop customization, don't you have to do something w/ an ext rom to install certain cabs that the phone needs?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The Diamond doesn't have an Extended ROM area. I found out that Opera doesn't get installed if you reset it before it customizes, but that's not a problem. Just look in the \Windows directory for WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB file. I installed Opera to the storage card and saved nearly 10MB of space!

Sprint TV and a few others won't get installed either. There are a few text files to look for in the Windows directory if you want to see what doesn't get installed. Look for: Config.txt, Config_AP.txt, Config_operator.txt and Config_PT.txt. They list what is installed during the customization along with the path of the file if you want to manually install it.

I can't say wether or not it affects my phone. Looks like I won't get activated until Tuesday! GPS works, so does WIFI. Even after installing all the same stuff I had earlier, I now have 35MB of free space available. I installed anything that didn't run on the today screen on the storage area, including Opera.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond