PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remote Desktop on Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
Syanni, it's not all that difficult. The first thing you need to do is enable remote desktop access on your pc, you can do this in the System menu. Secondly you need to obtain your computers ip, if your behind a router, you need to get the actual ip address and go into your port forwarding to setup remote access. If you in your router go to your status menu, and it will give you the computers actual ip address not the 192.168.whatever. Where it says computer, this is where you put in the actual ip address and login name is the name you use on your desktop along with the password. All you have to do is input those and hit connect and waaaalaaaa your good.
ok i got to the point of hitting connect... but now a different error pops up...

this one says: Connection status, likely reasons are : 1. the remote computer is not set up for this. (but it worked when i had it synced with activesync)
2.reached the maximum number of connections
3 a network error occurred while connecting.

this happens everytime i try to connect now... is there a setting somewhere? do i have to put it on the list of accepted devices on my desktop? if so where do i go about doing this?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

same menu in the system properties you can input the name of your ppc and save it to the allowed list.....give that a shot. Oh yea, don't forget to change it to 16 bit it works a lot smoother and looks a lot better.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
hmm i know i've done this a million times.. i can connect over wifi fine but i can't seem to connect via evdo.. i have the right port being forwarded on my router still nothing dam vista

how exactly and where can i find this port forwarding? Sorry if that sounds really newb, but i've NEVER done this before
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

assuming you have a router, type in 192.168.0.1 into the url bar and hit enter to access your router. username for router should be admin and password leave blank. navigate around there to find port forwarding. if you cant do it check www.portforward.com
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

the default port to forward is 3389 make sure you set it up in your router...

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
assuming you have a router, type in 192.168.0.1 into the url bar and hit enter to access your router. username for router should be admin and password leave blank. navigate around there to find port forwarding. if you cant do it check www.portforward.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
the default port to forward is 3389 make sure you set it up in your router...
ok, i do have a login and password, and i did get into my router and found the port forwarding!!! But i put 3389 and saved it and still nothin tho.. hmmm..

i really can't find where to put my ppc name on my desktop... can either of you guys gimme specified directions? i.e.Start Menu>*****>****>*****
Old 10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You need to enable it in control panel and your firewall.

Start>Control Panel>System>Remote>Check Allow users to connect remotely to this computer

Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Firewall exceptions>Make sure Remote Desktop is an exception

Also, your computer MUST have a password
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

oh....my computer doesnot have a password. and I dont want it to. that means I cant have remote desktop unless I create a password for my dekstop?
Also do I have to be on Wifi for this to work or would I be able to access my desktop from down the street on the EVDO network?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...moteintro.mspx <-- if you have xp
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...c61e61033.mspx <-- vista
Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
oh....my computer doesnot have a password. and I dont want it to. that means I cant have remote desktop unless I create a password for my dekstop?
Also do I have to be on Wifi for this to work or would I be able to access my desktop from down the street on the EVDO network?
Must have password.
You can access your computer from down the street. Except you have to have your external IP address. Go to IPChicken.com to find it out.
Also, to connect to your computer using the wifi network it's attatched to, you can use the internal IP which should be something like 192.168.1.105
[for example, my external is is 98.213.146.xx] DON'T TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE LAST 2 NUMBERS! [and my internal is 192.168.1.107]

It helps to get a static IP for both internal and external [it may cost money to get one from your ISP]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond