PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Safe to Just Delete Sprint Programs?

Hello all,

I know that sprint imbeded programs on the Diamond like SprintNav and SprintTV can not be uninstalled from the settings tab, but can I just deleted their folders from internal memory? Will it mess up my phone at all?

I installed the original HTC black theme and it takes up sooo much memory, that I only have about 2mb of memory left and I keep getting a low memory warning.

Thx
Old 09-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Safe to Just Delete Sprint Programs?

Sorry to hijack, which HTC black theme did you install? A link would be great.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

you cannot delete the srpint software. its locked in the rom. you will have to flash a new one to remove it.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
Sorry to hijack, which HTC black theme did you install? A link would be great.

Thanks.
I had the oringal HTC Black Theme found HERE

But I changed it to the White Swiss There, here is a pic of mine...

Screen01.jpg

Screen02.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
you cannot delete the srpint software. its locked in the rom. you will have to flash a new one to remove it.
Too bad thx for the quick reply tho...hopefully a custom ROM for Sprint Diamonds comes out soon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks. XDA's server seems to be down at the moment. On the subject of "Storage Memory", I noticed that the Diamond does not have enough for me to install all the apps I did on Touch. I suppose I will have to install non-critical apps to Interntal Storage...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Just saw the XDA thread. It's the same one I found some time ago. I noticed that when installed on my Sprint Diamond, it has a lag when I try to load certain tabs, such as Program. Do you observe the same?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
Just saw the XDA thread. It's the same one I found some time ago. I noticed that when installed on my Sprint Diamond, it has a lag when I try to load certain tabs, such as Program. Do you observe the same?

Thanks.
Yes thats why I switched to the white theme.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcivic4life View Post
Yes thats why I switched to the white theme.
What was in the black theme that was causing the lag? I don't imagine the color would have anything to do with it.

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond