PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

limey_27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

I installed the cab file, which after using a regeditor I can see has made the changes that are recommended to do manually, however, still not able to tether. It seems from reading through this thread that all I need to do is hit the "Connect" button in ICS, but each time I try I get an error message - "Error code 67:Registration failure. Your PCS vision username and/or password may be incorrect"
Has anyone else encountered this and what is the fix?

**Never mind! All of a sudden it decided to work! It seems that after I logged on to the phone's browser it suddenly decided to work!! That must be it as it's the only thing I did different from all the failed earlier attempts

Last edited by limey_27; 02-01-2010 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Issue resolved
Old 03-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cadillact1979 is a n00b

Yeah so i have no idea what im doing and not real computer literate. Could someone maybe walk me through setting this up on my phone/computer. I dont want to be a pain in the a** but would like to learn how to do this. Would be cool to have it available as a feature.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillact1979 View Post
Yeah so i have no idea what im doing and not real computer literate. Could someone maybe walk me through setting this up on my phone/computer. I dont want to be a pain in the a** but would like to learn how to do this. Would be cool to have it available as a feature.
Go read what I just posted in this thread ...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68028&page=3

All you need to do is make the registry edits, wait a couple of minutes, and soft reset your phone. If you have ActiveSync installed ... you will be good to go.

Open up the internet sharing program ... select USB as your PC Connection and click connect. It will then instruct you to check your cable ... so you should then connect the USB cable from your phone to your computer. In about 10 seconds you will be surfing.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: n/a

Dougmeister is a n00b

Has anyone heard of a similar workaround for the Moto Q9C?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

c4400 is a n00b

Well, I tried the HTCGuardian route.. replaced the one in Windows, and have deleted the ForceCellConnection key, and also used Schwartz' cab.

I can select Sprint after deleting the key, or it is the default selection for ICS after that cab. But, after one use of ICS, the key ForceCellConnection has returned!

I suppose I should be thankful it works at all, but having to go back in there each time may be tedious. Can anyone else reproduce this?

This is on a Sprint Touch Pro, ROM 2.01.651.6

Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4400 View Post
Well, I tried the HTCGuardian route.. replaced the one in Windows, and have deleted the ForceCellConnection key, and also used Schwartz' cab.

I can select Sprint after deleting the key, or it is the default selection for ICS after that cab. But, after one use of ICS, the key ForceCellConnection has returned!

I suppose I should be thankful it works at all, but having to go back in there each time may be tedious. Can anyone else reproduce this?

This is on a Sprint Touch Pro, ROM 2.01.651.6

Thanks
I suggest you download and install shaggylive's CM Killer cab first here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1203597

Then do your tethering edits or cab installation. Keep in mind the cab in this thread is for the diamond so check in the touchpro forum and see if there might be a cab like this there or if there might be any differences in the reg edits.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

c4400 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Then do your tethering edits or cab installation. Keep in mind the cab in this thread is for the diamond so check in the touchpro forum and see if there might be a cab like this there or if there might be any differences in the reg edits.
Hey thanks for the response. I forgot to edit this. I was all good after a soft reset... after CM was killed.

I've found I can read up on the Diamond smartypantses in here and it usually applies to TP most of the time

Last edited by c4400; 04-25-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4400
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Hey thanks for the response. I forgot to edit this. I was all good after a soft reset... after CM was killed.

I've found I can read up on the Diamond smartypantses in here and it usually applies to TP most of the time
LOL
Smartypantses huh!?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond