PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Anyone else noticing Bluetooth Static? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37897)

boe 09-19-2008 02:04 PM

Anyone else noticing Bluetooth Static?

Hello,

I've used the same headset for both my mogul and my Touch - not static issues - unless of course I have something on top of my phone or it is in my pocket or too far away. My Diamond seems to be causing a lot of static on the BT headset. I am familar with making sure the phone and the headset are reasonably far apart when initially setting the two up. I haven't tried forcing a channel change yet. I'll first remove it and re add it to my phone but this is a new HTC BT issue. On the plus side confirmation for voice command seems fine!

Just curious if anyone else is experience an issue with their headset that they didn't have with their previous Touch or Mogul?

I know I noticed the mogul BT issues the day I got my mogul and it took them about 5 months to get a working firmware update to resolve the issue. (for anyone that didn't have the mogul the initial firmware caused issues on BT for people you were calling - they sounded fine on the mogul but you sounded like crap to them if you were calling on BT from a mogul) I'm not declaring this an official issue yet as I'm waiting for feedback.

ret2961 09-19-2008 02:05 PM

Re: Anyone else noticing Bluetooth Static?

Yes, actually, with a Jabra. I noticed that there was more interference when I do not have a clear line of sight to the device...

I thought maybe it was just me...

xxza 09-19-2008 02:08 PM

i am in the same boat. I am using Jabra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ret2961 (Post 423764)
Yes, actually, with a Jabra. I noticed that there was more interference when I do not have a clear line of sight to the device...

I thought maybe it was just me...

boe 09-19-2008 02:25 PM

Good to know - we'll see how many of these we get and if necessary - I'll start my campaign again with Sprint and HTC like I did with the mogul.

JimSmith94 09-19-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 423803)
Good to know - we'll see how many of these we get and if necessary - I'll start my campaign again with Sprint and HTC like I did with the mogul.

Did you ever have any luck with the Mogul? My PPC-6800's BT hasn't worked well since I switched from WM 5 to WM 6 and 6.1.

boe 09-19-2008 04:34 PM

BT was fixed on the Mogul about 5 months after it was first sold by Sprint.

thacounty 09-19-2008 05:00 PM

I have a motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset, and it coming from the touch to the diamond, it is choppy and will not hardly play unless it is within 6 inches. Before, with the touch I could actually put the phone in my pocket with no problem. What gives?

dallas contractor 09-19-2008 05:17 PM

I always had static on my Mogul, I thought that that was normal.

thacounty 09-19-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 424078)
I always had static on my Mogul, I thought that that was normal.

Absolutely not, my touch bt was amazing.

xxza 09-19-2008 05:43 PM

agree, i had no problem with touch BT at all