PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

JoeTreaf is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question To Sprint customize or to not customize?

I have searched everywhere and I cannot find a thread about the Sprint customizations that load when you first boot up the Sprint Diamond Touch.

So the question is, should I allow the Sprint customizations to install or should I do the soft reset before the 3 second countdown???

After allowing it to install the Sprint stuff the first time, I decided to hard reset and then not allow it to install. I really don't notice a difference with or without. So should I load it or not??

Has anyone created a ROM unlocker for the Sprint phone so I can see what's being loaded and pick and chose what, if anything, I want it to load?

HELP!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

iamjasonc is just getting started
Re: To Sprint customize or to not customize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTreaf View Post

I have searched everywhere and I cannot find a thread about the Sprint customizations that load when you first boot up the Sprint Diamond Touch.

So the question is, should I allow the Sprint customizations to install or should I do the soft reset before the 3 second countdown???

After allowing it to install the Sprint stuff the first time, I decided to hard reset and then not allow it to install. I really don't notice a difference with or without. So should I load it or not??

Has anyone created a ROM unlocker for the Sprint phone so I can see what's being loaded and pick and chose what, if anything, I want it to load?

HELP!
Someone said in another thread that they soft reset before the customizations ran and when it booted back up, the customizations ran again anyways.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's true, soft reset it again the second time and they shouldn't
Old 09-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I actually had to reset to factory to try this.
The problem was that my internet kept on dieing. It would work, then stop after about 5 minutes. Sprint was alot of help on this one.. LMAO ! So I set to factory, skipped customizations twice by resetting before they started.
My internet works great now ! No more errors, I dont have the Opera Browser and Sprint TV or Picture mail, but those are easily installed.

For those of you that need the filenames in your windows directory they are.

Opera=WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB
PictureMail=PictureMail_0.1.14.4.CAB
SprintTV=SprintTV-1_6_Diamond_1034_072908a.CAB <---This will update anyways so no need for this.
SprintNav=sprint-navigation-htc-diamond-2.1.7.cab <--Not sure why anyone would use this.
OzIM_080521_signed.cab <----Unsure what this is Instant Messenger
SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB<---I think this one is the culprit that caused my internet to work intermittently.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Miami_Mac is just getting started

I'm tempted to try this.

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Sprint Diamond Touchflo3d interface without customizations?

If not can you at least tell us what the memory storage gain is?

What other benefits have you found?

What features or functionality have you lost?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Mac View Post
I'm tempted to try this.

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Sprint Diamond Touchflo3d interface without customizations?

If not can you at least tell us what the memory storage gain is?

What other benefits have you found?

What features or functionality have you lost?

Thanks
Touchflo3D interface will not change. The internet tab will not work until you install Opera. Sprint TV will not work until you install it. Email will work properly but if you want Pic Mail there, you have to install that.

The only reason I have found for doing that is to be able to removed those programs. You will gain some space (I don't have the specs on that). There are a few other sprint cabs that I'm not sure of their function.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond