PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Anyone else not able to activate online or get data? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37845)

boe 09-19-2008 03:06 AM

Anyone else not able to activate online or get data?

I've tried to activate online - sure enough it wouldn't accept my SN, DEC or HEX. I chatted online to get it activated ans no surprise they didn't provision my data properly even though I had an HTC Touch before.

I'm sure plenty of people could activate online - please post here only if it wouldn't accept your online activation or you didn't get your data provisioned properly when you had a rep activate it for you.

Apogee 09-19-2008 03:42 AM

Re: Anyone else not able to activate online?

Yes and yes.

I was super excited to see Sprint bring back the days of 2001 style online activations.

Go to use it to active my new Diamond. Totally craps out.

Call activations. They activate it.

Data provisioning failed. Had to call support.

LAME.

The OTA app that supposedly activates the phone when you first turn it on didn't even work.

This system works best for new customers I guess.

bigbilal04 09-19-2008 04:23 AM

same exact thing happened to me, and all my friends, god dang tech support for an hour.

theclerk74 09-19-2008 04:43 AM

I ended up having to call to activate mine. I tried for 15 minutes online with no luck.

richontop 09-19-2008 07:46 AM

I couldn't activiate online either (upgrading phone). Finally got through to tech support and they were able to activate it quickly. No problem with data provisioning. Just a minor delay - I just hope my Diamond can handle the almost constant use it is getting right now. It has such a beautiful screen!

willysp 09-19-2008 09:28 AM

Let's define activate online. Do you mean the auto activation the phone tries to do, or the "ESN swap" activation at sprint.com.

I cancelled the first, and couldn't do the second (I'm upgrading and it 'couldn't find' the new ESN).

So I open a chat session, get MSL, activate it myself with no problem.

The phone fails to provision, so I do Rainfreak's fix in one of the stickies. Worked great.

sayeah 09-19-2008 10:02 AM

did it through online chat, pretty quick.

WMPhoton 09-19-2008 10:48 AM

Yes, would not provision online and then spent 1.5 hours on a chat with tech support. My data has been dropping every 10 minutes or so and then comes back. I hever had this problem with my Sprint Touch.

boe 09-19-2008 12:14 PM

Rainfreak's solution worked for me as well - thank goodness for the sticky!