PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jmz768 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can unwanted Sprint programs be removed?

Without installing an entirely new Rom? I'd like to remove things like Sprint TV, Sprint Music Store and Sprint Navigation.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Can unwanted Sprint programs be removed?

Nope, they are locked in the ROM flashing a new rom is the only way.

go flash juicy's latest rom it works no issues.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

it is built in the rom

Old 10-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Nope, they are locked in the ROM flashing a new rom is the only way.

go flash juicy's latest rom it works no issues.
I did a hard reset and then two soft. I free'd up a lot of space. I re-installed Sprint TV but how do I get the TF3D tab to launch it? As of now I have to go into programs to get to it.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

When I had my 6700, there was a way to still use the official ROM but trick it not to install the software.

-First you would do a hard reset

-Then when the ROM has finished installing the WinMo 6.1, Sprints updates will about to kick in, that's here you do a soft reset.

-When the soft reset has been performed, the Sprint updates (and maybe the HTC TF3D) will not be installed, you will be just using the core Windows Mobile.

-Then you would use Total Commander to browse the extended ROM files and you can then manually install the updates and software that you want. I'm not sure if this will work with the diamond, but I know that the Mogul still does the 3 second count down, and theoretically, this MAY work. There's nothing to lose, all you would have to do is just reflash if it doesn't work.

Here's the link to the instructions on how to manually install the Sprint ROM on the 6700:

http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8

Let me know if this is helpful.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
When I had my 6700, there was a way to still use the official ROM but trick it not to install the software.

-First you would do a hard reset

-Then when the ROM has finished installing the WinMo 6.1, Sprints updates will about to kick in, that's here you do a soft reset.

-When the soft reset has been performed, the Sprint updates (and maybe the HTC TF3D) will not be installed, you will be just using the core Windows Mobile.

-Then you would use Total Commander to browse the extended ROM files and you can then manually install the updates and software that you want. I'm not sure if this will work with the diamond, but I know that the Mogul still does the 3 second count down, and theoretically, this MAY work. There's nothing to lose, all you would have to do is just reflash if it doesn't work.

Here's the link to the instructions on how to manually install the Sprint ROM on the 6700:

http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8

Let me know if this is helpful.
in my expericene this trick doesnt work here on the diamond. once you softreset... it trys to install agan on bootup so this trick does not work. unless someone can figure out a way to unlock the extended rom so we can configure the install files to remove unwanted sprint crap.. it will be installed.

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
in my expericene this trick doesnt work here on the diamond. once you softreset... it trys to install agan on bootup so this trick does not work. unless someone can figure out a way to unlock the extended rom so we can configure the install files to remove unwanted sprint crap.. it will be installed.
It works - you just have to soft-reset twice. On the 3rd boot, it doesn't try to install customizations.

There is no extended ROM on the Diamond. All the installation scripts and cabs are in \windows.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
Their is no extended ROM in the Diamond & newer HTC devices. Everything is now cooked into the ROM it self. With the ROM dump on the FTP you should be able to "clean it out" and flash it.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am still trying to find a way to have the SprintTV tab launch the application. I hard reset and then soft reset x 2 to stop the customizations and have since gone back through /Windows and installed my desired cabs. Everything is working but TouchFLO won't launch SprintTV from the tab. I have to go into Programs and launch it.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

after doing this does the sprint music store work from TF3D?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond