PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

k5beason is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TCPMP with ORB 3gp

Hello i've been searching all over for an answer but cant seem to find one. I just got my diamond and have installed TCPMP it runs, but by default all of the 3gp streams go to HTC MEDIA STREAMER. The HTC program connects but never buffers and finally saids "failed to find network". WMP video is horrible. Is there a way to make the TCPMP open by default instead of htc media, i've selected the video formats in tcpmp. All i want to accomplish is being able to use orb on my diamond.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TCPMP with ORB 3gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
Tried streaming through Orb, and found the video VERY choppy with both IE and TCPMP.

After some playing around, I found a simple fix:

Make sure you use IE rather than Opera!

Merely guessing here, but I think that Opera caches the stream on their servers, and this causes the lag.

Anyways, with TCPMP installed, and going through Pocket IE to my Orb box, I now get a great audio/video stream - even with DirectDraw

Make sure you use IE to open your Orb page, and select all file extenstions under TCPMP options.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

k5beason is a n00b

What streaming file format are you using?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If I am not mistaken, Orb uses ASX (windows streaming fmt).
Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

k5beason is a n00b

Ok i switched it to stream windows media asx but tcpmp saids file not supported, obivosoly i'm missing the codec, have any idea where to get it?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
There you go...
Old 09-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5beason View Post
Hello i've been searching all over for an answer but cant seem to find one. I just got my diamond and have installed TCPMP it runs, but by default all of the 3gp streams go to HTC MEDIA STREAMER. The HTC program connects but never buffers and finally saids "failed to find network". WMP video is horrible. Is there a way to make the TCPMP open by default instead of htc media, i've selected the video formats in tcpmp. All i want to accomplish is being able to use orb on my diamond.
unless you were just trying to have a free program do that...you should try out kinoma play...its pretty slick and you can stream podcasts...orb...all kinds of things...and its finger friendly, but $29.99 (unless you find 20% off like me)
Old 10-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

ssantos6981 is a n00b

I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded the latest version of tcpmp with all the asx, wmv, wma etc... codecs but it is still horribly choppy, but with excellent sound.

I had a mogul two months ago (sold it for a instinct and 3 weeks later I have the diamond) and I used to orb flawlessly all the time. I don't remember how though.

If the mogul could, I'm sure the diamond can.

Any help would be appreciated. In the mean time I am going to try that kinoma player and see whats up.

I found the pocket IE and ORB is alive. Woo hoo. Thanks!

Last edited by ssantos6981; 10-03-2008 at 03:42 AM. Reason: I found pocket IE
Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
There you go...
I have Core Player... that's the same as TCPMP right?

Will the codecs work for it?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssantos6981 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded the latest version of tcpmp with all the asx, wmv, wma etc... codecs but it is still horribly choppy, but with excellent sound.

I had a mogul two months ago (sold it for a instinct and 3 weeks later I have the diamond) and I used to orb flawlessly all the time. I don't remember how though.

If the mogul could, I'm sure the diamond can.

Any help would be appreciated. In the mean time I am going to try that kinoma player and see whats up.

I found the pocket IE and ORB is alive. Woo hoo. Thanks!
Make sure you change the Video setting to GDI or Raw as we don't have the proper drivers for DirectDraw.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond