PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone and SMS screenshots?

Howdy!

So I ordered mine Monday but I am very curious about two things that I have NOT been able to find ANYWHERE, in pics or videos, so maybe someone can help me.

I thought one of the coolest things about the GSM Diamond was that they gave it a much nicer looking incoming/outgoing call screen and dialer. Could someone post pictures of the actual phone screens on here? Are they the same white with big buttons, or Sprint-ified?

Also, with the beautiful TouchFlo 3D... did they keep the same ghetto WM notifications? For example if I get a text message, do I get the usual two color pop up bubble or is it "intercepted" by TouchFlo? A screen of an incoming text/e-mail would be cool too.

Anyway, I'm very excited, and hope someone can answer my questions.

Oh, ONE more!

On Sprint it says it's picture and video message capable... can you send a recieve pictures and videos? I read on another thread that it has functional picture mail but that it does it through links... how about video? Same way or just no function?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker

nashmage is a n00b
Re: Phone and SMS screenshots?

Im also very interested in the answers to these questions if anyone has any pics
Old 09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wb0ycliche View Post
Howdy!
On Sprint it says it's picture and video message capable... can you send a recieve pictures and videos? I read on another thread that it has functional picture mail but that it does it through links... how about video? Same way or just no function?
I'm REALLY interested about this one! Anyone with the Sprint Diamond that can answer this yet? How about screenshots or video?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

From what I've been reading the Sprint Picture Mail program that's installed is just to send pictures. When you receive you still get the link, which opens in Opera.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b

Anybody?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wb0ycliche View Post
Howdy!

So I ordered mine Monday but I am very curious about two things that I have NOT been able to find ANYWHERE, in pics or videos, so maybe someone can help me.

I thought one of the coolest things about the GSM Diamond was that they gave it a much nicer looking incoming/outgoing call screen and dialer. Could someone post pictures of the actual phone screens on here? Are they the same white with big buttons, or Sprint-ified?

Also, with the beautiful TouchFlo 3D... did they keep the same ghetto WM notifications? For example if I get a text message, do I get the usual two color pop up bubble or is it "intercepted" by TouchFlo? A screen of an incoming text/e-mail would be cool too.

Anyway, I'm very excited, and hope someone can answer my questions.

Oh, ONE more!

I got my Diamond a few days ago... I can't take screenshots but will answer whatever questions I can.

The dialer is nice, a lot better than the touch's... white numbers across the screen. If you minimize the dial-pad, it shows the call history behind it. It's highly responsive... reacts to presses immediately with the tones on (with my touch I had to turn off the tones to get the instant response).

Incoming call screen is simply awesome, nice big answer/ignore buttons, full screen. It uses the lower-left menu option for "Text", and if you hit it, it will send the caller to voicemail and open up an outgoing text message screen to the caller with a preset message. It doesn't give you options for different messages, but I'm sure there's a war (read:hack) to customize the message it would send. *** EDIT: Go to Start > Settings > Phone > More, and you can customize the message you reject the call with.

The TouchFlo 3D is soooo nice... it does intercept the WM notifications (text messages, etc). On the text message tab, it shows the last messages you received, and if you touch them you can open the conversation. When you open the conversation it's back to the WM6.1 interface, but that hasn't bothered me any. An annoying thing was the Sent Message Notification was enabled by default, but you can disable that with a registry edit (navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\, change SMSNoSentMsg to 1).

Haven't tried receiving a picture mail yet. A server at my work just went down so I have to go, well, work... anyway hope this helps.

Sprint Nexus S 4G

Last edited by GuyWithNoLife; 09-19-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Clarification
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Here are some dialer picts:

Kevan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Nice explanation Guy... now some screen shots...

Incoming Call:

In-Call Screen:

Sprint Picture Mail - Main Screen:

Sprint Picture Mail - Menu:

Sprint Picture Mail - Compose:

Sprint Picture Mail - Compose #2:

Old 09-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I recieved a Picture message and did not recieve a link... instead I get this camera icon in the upper taskbar and the picture comes in a conversation format where I can see a preview of the photo and choose to either delete/reply/save the picture message.

Works just like my prior Instinct cellphone (which did an awesome job on picture mail)
Sprint finally came through!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b

Awesome, thank you so much!

So it looks like it is the same dialer from the GSM Diamond. Very cool.

My SMS question is about more when you get a message...

On my Touch and AT&T Tilt, it pops up as it always has on Windows Mobile, the typical WM notification bubble. I was wondering if TouchFlo 3D replaced this, and it had a more dynamic looking new SMS notification. Or if you saw the generic notification over the TF which would look pretty ghetto but not be surprising.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond