PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

canadiangsx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
quickgps issue

So I downloaded the .cab .reg and patched .exe.

Installed the .cab and I get this:

The file 'QuickGPS' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

I have reinstalled many times and re-downloaded to ensure no corruption. Still the same issue...weird...any ideas?

- Lou
Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

canadiangsx is a n00b
Re: quickgps issue

I should mention, this is on the Telus network...loving the Diamond and would really like to get QickGPS on this thing...do I need to flash with a new ROM first or just install the prog? If it's just an install, anyone can shed light on the aforementioned issue?

Thanks again,

- Lou
Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: quickgps issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangsx View Post
I should mention, this is on the Telus network...loving the Diamond and would really like to get QickGPS on this thing...do I need to flash with a new ROM first or just install the prog? If it's just an install, anyone can shed light on the aforementioned issue?

Thanks again,

- Lou
First off, welcome. Second it is unlikly that you will get QuickGps working on a Telus Diamond.

Why don't you try a custom ROM, I'm using Juicy 2.4. Hands down, it is easily 4 time faster and more responsive than the Telus Diamond. I have no clue how people even use the Diamond with the Telus ROM, its like a Civic racing a GSXR. It just doesn't make any sence.

With any custom rom, you should be able to install QuickGps. Juicy's ROM's come with it pre installed
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond