PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Exclamation Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

First off I spent an hour on the phone with tech support for them to tell me to try a IOTA in settings like on the mogul/touch but this did not work, so they told me they would have to call me back. This frustrated me so I decided to see if I could figure out what it was. Not saying this will work for all of you, but it did for me and now Im browsing with my new HTC Diamond!! Thanks to Rainfreak we have the most common issue with data services fixed!! If that doesn't work try the Update Profile option.
~mike

Most common fix for no internet!!! Thanks Rainfreak

1. Dial ##3282#
2. Click Edit and enter your MSL. (Call sprint for your MSL)
3. Tap & Highlight Active Profile.
4. Click Menu then Edit.
5. Change value to 1 then Ok, Ok again.
6. Click Yes to update the items then Ok to reset.

and/or

Try Start/Settings/System tab and click Update Profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I got it working! I flashed the stock Sprint rom (thanks for the dump!) and after checking EPST settings, the profile was set to 0, but everything else was correct. So I changed that to 1 and after a soft-reset it works. Oh yeah baby!

UPDATE:: Can people with internet not working please post if they were able to activate online or not. I want to check a theory i have that mabey the issue is the esn's are not all logged into the online system and when the device is activate its not properly flagging the Hand Free to the device.....EDITED by PZZTGOTBAGZ

Last edited by pzztgotbagz; 10-03-2008 at 09:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 41 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Justin311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fix!!

Mine says "no profile update avail"
Old 09-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin311 View Post
You try this after power cycling? If not give that a shot! Keep me updated.
~mike
Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Yeah, I tried that almost right away and it was no good for me... I wish I could get this damn Diamond working.

Thanks anyway Wideawake.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

That's what mine says too...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
That's what mine says too...
Very strange.....what plans u guys got? Thought I would post since it worked for me. Sorry guys.
~mike
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

I have the Simply Everything plan. Though now it is Simply Everything But Internet.

But again, thanks for posting. This may help others who are similarly frustrated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Justin311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Same problem after a power cycle...."no profiled update avail"... Guess I have to call sprint
Old 09-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

I already called Sprint.. was told the best that they can do is send me another one. But wait, it gets better... I was told not to count on it before Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

I got it working! I flashed the stock Sprint rom (thanks for the dump!) and after checking EPST settings, the profile was set to 0, but everything else was correct. So I changed that to 1 and after a soft-reset it works. Oh yeah baby!

This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond