PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

rollrsk8ter is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Ok...here is what I just did: I did another hard reset, I then went in and put in my MDN and MSID...still getting error code 67 (1012 when I try to update profile). I then called Sprint and had them reset my vision id/pw, as they did that...I powered down and took the battery out for 25 minutes before I tried again...

Same errors.... UGHhh
Old 09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollrsk8ter View Post
Ok...here is what I just did: I did another hard reset, I then went in and put in my MDN and MSID...still getting error code 67 (1012 when I try to update profile). I then called Sprint and had them reset my vision id/pw, as they did that...I powered down and took the battery out for 25 minutes before I tried again...

Same errors.... UGHhh
Man that sucks !!!

Did tech support check and make sure provisioning has completed w/ no errors?
Did you just do a regular hard reset, or did you do the ##786#? Did Tech Support 'reprov' data services?
It sounds like you know your MSL, do you know your vision username and vision password?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

can you assist more if I get the password... I know my vision username..
Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok I just got of the phone with Sprint again.. this time for only 50 minutes.

I got to someone named Juana that seem to do more than everyone else. She had me actually put my username xxxxxx@sprintpcs.com in the user name field... and also had me update the AAA Shared Secret (Hex) .... rebooted and now I am getting a different error... error code 71. She told me that the updates she did could take up to a hour and she will call me back.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ok I just got of the phone with Sprint again.. this time for only 50 minutes.

I got to someone named Juana that seem to do more than everyone else. She had me actually put my username xxxxxx@sprintpcs.com in the user name field... and also had me update the AAA Shared Secret (Hex) .... rebooted and now I am getting a different error... error code 71. She told me that the updates she did could take up to a hour and she will call me back.
AAA Shared Secret is your vision password. HA Shared Secret should be set to the word 'secret'
Error code 71... weird. Lets double check those Home Agents... are they 0.0.0.0?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well....Back on the phone again... Juana is the 1st one to ever call me back, although others have promised. My HA Shared Secret was null, changed it to secret. Thanks. Yeah.. I said error code 71, but that was just because data connection was turned off, I Think! Once I try to turn that on in Settings, Communication Settings... I still get the error code 67.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
the magic mod

double check AAA secret and the username. make sure there isnt a typo like spintpcs or something tiny. Then you may be locked out. Try waiting 25 minutes as any attempt will reset the lockout... then if your username and pw are correct (and match on sprints side) you should be able to get online. On a side note, are u able to modify the primary and/or secondary home agents?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks so much Puff! She did not tell me about the HA Shared Secret, but I told her what I did.... When that didn't work, she gave me a whole new pcs vision name. After she did that and it did a couple updates, I am fixed.. All data applications are working... After 5 1/2 hours with Sprint Customer Service to fix this, Now I can go figure out things and put my data, applications on there and enjoy my first Windows Mobile device! Thanks again!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Thanks so much Puff! She did not tell me about the HA Shared Secret, but I told her what I did.... When that didn't work, she gave me a whole new pcs vision name. After she did that and it did a couple updates, I am fixed.. All data applications are working... After 5 1/2 hours with Sprint Customer Service to fix this, Now I can go figure out things and put my data, applications on there and enjoy my first Windows Mobile device! Thanks again!
Awesome. glad u got it fixed!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:20 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Excellent!!! Kudos to Rainfreak and others for the info. THANK YOU.

I've been on the road this week, phone delivered yesterday, got home tonight. Have been reading forum, so knew there was a thread about Internet not working ...

So, I get home, unbox the Diamond. It tries to activate itself - I hit Cancel (I want to get MSL). I try online activation (~ESN swap), get something like "serial # not found". I open chat with CSR, get MSL, activate phone with no problem.

Then no Internet. I try to initiate manual IOTA - no longer an option, I discover. Then remember thread here. I try Rainfreak's solution in Mike's first post. Works perfectly! Thanks again.

Can I assume that some of you let it auto activate, and still got the Internet problem? (Want to make sure my method of activation not the cause).

Oh ... and I made a donation to the site as another way of saying thanks!

Last edited by willysp; 09-19-2008 at 12:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond