PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
Here's another way to kill or get your data back:
1. wifi IP = AUTOMATIC: data works
2. wifi IP = STATIC : data NO workie
3. wifi back to AUTO, data off/on (may have to reset to reestablish) : data once again works!

I've tried this 2 or 3 times and it seems to be repeatable. This keeps messing me up as I use static ip's on my lan. I haven't found a way to use static ip and keep cell data working.

UGH ME TOO, what ROM are you using?????
Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Right now Mighty 4.7, but I'm pretty sure it also happened on the stock Sprint ROM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Right now Mighty 4.7, but I'm pretty sure it also happened on the stock Sprint ROM.

Are you positive?

Wow, it must be the Diamond then... my Touch Pro definitely does not do this..
Old 04-26-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm sure about the MR4.7; not 100% on the stock ROM. I'm on vzw; if that matters.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Super Saiyan 3

Quote:
I'm sure about the MR4.7; not 100% on the stock ROM. I'm on vzw; if that matters.
Somewhat of a solution found here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66284
Old 04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yup, I saw that. Maybe the solution is to find a way to keep dns in auto but allow a static ip entry.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond Windows Mobile 6.5

j7jman is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to j7jman

Error 67 interenet sharing MOD touch diamond

to enable internet sharing... IMPORTANT....
-call sprint and get your msl number just ask for it they'll give it to you(remember to write it down it is unique to your phone)
-put##3282# into your phone and a menu enter password number should come up, this is where you put your msl number in
-NOW.. edit you mobile IP.. select edit and choose mobile IP preferred.
-hit ok and your phone will soft reset..

Your going to need a Registry editor to unlock your phone so merry christmas.... ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/ <-----go there

-after installing he editor connect your diamond to yor pc and choose active sync..
-your going to have to go to Tools>Unlock Registry so you can edit your phones ****..

-after that go to HKEY_local_Machine>software>OEM>WMODEM
-make sure all the values are set to 0.. this is your tethering detection, trust me you want it disabled..
-then go to Hkey_local_machine>comm>internetSharing>settings and delete FORCECELLCONNECTION
-This will allow you to connect to your Data connection
-when you are done with that soft reset your phone and install the zip file I attached to your phone

NOW your done Have fun.............---J7jman
Attached Files
File Type: cab Internet%20Sharing%20FIX.cab (3.9 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond Windows Mobile 6.5

j7jman is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to j7jman

heres another nice tool that should work for every one... a pop up menu that has the use phone as modem option.. not just the activesync and data connection
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTCUSBToPCPopUp_2_0_18172128_1.cab (101.7 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond/TP2

atrn271 is keeping up the good workatrn271 is keeping up the good work

I had an Error Code 67. I called Sprint to get my MSL number. Logged in typing ##3282#, the active profile was already set to 1. But on the bottom under AAA Shared Secret the wording was wrong. Apparently that is a password, she gave me some password that I must of set up and presto! Internt started working.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
I GOT IT!... ok, so finally i think i figured it out.. i was one of the people who could not get it to work after trying all of the methods on the first post, so this is how i did it... i tried hard reseting = didn't help.. i tried messing with the ##3282# and ##778# codes and values and nothing helped.. so i noticed that after the hard resets the values i put in were still there, showing that a hard reset doesn't do anything... so then i tried the ##RTN# reset and found that it changed back the original files, but it still didn't fix my internet.. so finally i flashed over to the stock sprint rom(found in upgrades forums) and then did the ##RTN# update again..so basically here is what you should do:

Alternate Internet Fix (if nothing else helps):
1) Backup all data (contacts, etc) using a program like PIMBackup or something like that.
2) Flash back to the stock Sprint rom (in upgrade forums)
3) Do the ##RTN# (##786#) and enter your MSL.. then go to menu and reset.. hit ok and then ok again to reset the device.
*** just so you know this reset will keep your internal storage.. nothing on that directory will get deleted***
4) Let the stock sprint custimizations run.. after they are finished your phone should automatically soft reset and then your done!

ps.. if your data still isn't working make sure your active profile is set to 1 (##3282# menu)
NOTE: i didn't have to do this so you should'nt have to.. but just in case i think it's a good idea

so this is what worked for me after nothing else does.. for those of you who still can't get your data to work try this and let me know if it helps..

Thanks guys for sharing and helping..
ekker thanks for the tip. This is what ended up working for me. Some how i flubbed up my phone yesterday morning and data stopped working. Kept getting error code 67 messages. Was running a custom rom and tried to update the profile when all went screwy and lost my data capabilities. Found this thread and tried the rec from post number 1. That did not work. Before I saw your post I Flashed back to shipped and tried to update the profile. It did not update. I noticed that my user name under device information was either blank or something screwy. Called sprint and they said that their provisioning was down and would be backup in a couple hours. This was about 10 am. Well after many calls to sprint the time kept getting pushed back. 14 hours later I still did not have data. I flashed to stock rom and did what you suggested. All is working great. Thnx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond