PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Daimond
Carrier: Cricket Wireless

sinister1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Well here's one for the guys out there who chose to flash there Daimond to Cricket: =D>

Post by Sam Sinister:

Recently, I purchased a HTC Touch Diamond that was supposedly fully flashed to cricket using the ToO’s ROM (But I’m sure they will work on other ROM’s). My internet was working but my MMS was not working at all like they said they would and after they charged me $65.00 but after completing the steps in this document, I had no problem but I could only confirm that I could send have not tried to receive yet.

This is using Arcsoft MMs_5_0_31_16 on ToO’s Cricket Diamond edition ROM but could work for you as well. Please follow these steps carefully and one by one in my case the phone was already flashed but the MMS didn’t work.

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1 Default Setting Cricket MMS and Change WAP default Port 1&2 to 8080 and WAP Default Time Out to 10000

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS Ensure Gateway Port is 8080, ISP is Cricket MMS, MmscURI is set to http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms , Name is Cricket MMS, Ensure the next 4 settings WAP1RecvDefault Size, WAP1Send WAP2 Recv and WAP2 Send are set to 1024000, WAPType to 1 (WAPType to 1 Ensures WAP 2.0) also make sure that you check the following settings as well; Configurable is set to 1, ConnectionVia is set to {0789CC17-B679-D3F5-73CD-8AD4CB9, and PacketSize is 1000.
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS\WspHeader
Accept: application/vnd.wap.multipart.related
X-Cricket-MDN this is your 10digit cell number (this might say X-Verizon or X-Sprint Change the value name to X-Cricket-MDN) Value Data 555-xxx-xxxx, of course put in your own phone number no dashes.
HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\WspHeader\
Domain http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
SizeLimit WAP1RecvLimit 1,2,3 set everything on that page to 1024000 (this is part of your 1000K send and receive limit)

The setting below was not available on my phone so I skipped it but if it is on yours please make sure you change it:
HKLM /software/arcsoft mms ua/config/UI
find EnableServerEdit and change it from 0 to 1

Again the setting below was not available on my phone so I skipped it but make sure that you double check to see if you have this string and deleted it:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings Where it says Connections, Delete that entire string Hold down stylus on Connections circles it and delete it; this is what keeps the MMS from sending. Bad thing is every time you open explorer it re-writes this registry. To solve that many of us have just used something else besides Explorer. Like Opera, Firefox Mobile or Skyfire.
You can still use these browsers without writing the Connections Value. If you don’t want to use anything but Explorer, you are going to have to go into this registry file and delete the Connections string every time to send MMS or until someone comes up with a registry hack to Auto delete this value every time you close IE …Close Regedit.

Now go to your messages and click menu/MMS options and then click server and click add new. Add new or if you already have one called something else just click it and click edit...you need to change these settings to

Server Name: Cricket
Gateway leave: blank
Port Number: 8080Server address: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mmsConnect Via Cricket: MMS
Double check your settings:
Sending limit (should be 1024000 if you changed these settings correctly in regedit)
Wap version Wap 2.0 (Wap 2.0 should be pre selected, if it is don’t touch it. If it keeps reverting back to 1.2 when you click close? Go back into regedit and select WAPType 1 as mentioned previously, this forces it into WAP 2.0 without it MMS won’t work.) Now if you have more than 1 select the cricket one you just configured and hit set as default then go back to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS and delete the other configuration, when you go back into settings Cricket should be the only one there and it should be default.

The settings below are only if you are setting up MMS for the first time on partially flashed without MMS. Remember my phone was already flashed.

Start\Settings\Connections\Connections Under the General Tab Enter Cricket. Under the Modem Tab put in Cricket Mobile Web select modem to cellular line. Click next put in #777 to dial to Cricket, click next… User Name: your10digitcellnumber@mycricket.com Password: cricket Domain: Leave Blank, click finish…under proxy settings, check these 2 boxes (this network connects to the internet, and this network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet) Proxy Server: wap.mycricket.com click advanced. The only thing with a value should be HTTP wap.mycricket.com:8080 the rest blank if your MMS still doesn’t work click on start/settings/ connections/connections/then click on edit my proxy server then click on Advanced, click on WAP and set to wap.mycricket.com. Port 8080 and do the same for Secure WAP & Socks. Click ok and ok again, this ok should bring you back to the connections screen at the bottom click advanced. Click select networks. Under both drop downs select Cricket. Click Ok Go into Exceptions Click add new URL for each of the following settings you are going to need to click add new url again, these don’t all go under one “Add new URL” Block

mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
.mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
mycricket.com/
.mycricket.com/
.mms.mycricket.com/
mms.mycricket.com/

And there you go; good luck and all the stores I went to help for wanted to charge me anywhere from $50 to $80 to re-flash it, ha, ha, ha,
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to throw some info out there and hope it might help someone.
Sprint Diamond ROM on vz

Long version: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...44663&page=104 (Post 1034 and followup 1041)

Short version: while traveling a couple weeks ago my data quit getting an EV connection; only 1x. I tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work and ended up killing all data, and eventually my voice connection -- nice!. Reading this thread kind of gave me an indirect method to get things going again, by using it to apparently forcing re-authentication.

My Profile1 had invalid Sprint user data so I knew it wouldn't connect but I WAS able to get my data (at EV) back by doing the following:
- switch Active Profile to 1, clear Secret Hex Codes, set Preferred Sys & Mode to Auto, reset. NO data, voice or anything--this is expected!
- switch Active Profile back to 0, clear Codes, etc, reset. 1x data worked immediately, EV started after a couple minutes, voice came back.

For those having problems and have a VALID Profile1, it might be helpful to switch your active Profile to 2 or 3 (an INVALID one), then back to 0 to force everything to reset. HTH's.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:58 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallman View Post
Sprint will not give me my MSL
use BAFMSL Grabber
Old 03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks W, after activation......no internet, with your help......instant internet.

I figured I was in trouble when activating over the phone with Sprint, with a new Diamond from Asurion, first off he doesn't even ask for my New Esn and yet manages to give me a MSL to enter...duhhhh

So I guide "him" through the process and get off the phone with a now working diamond (so I thought).....except for the internet, so rather than waste yet more time with them, I come here and bam instant solution, thanks W.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch

anticowboyism is a n00b

My diamond is a replacement from Asurion. After activating they said wait one hour and the internet will be turned on. After 7 hours it was still not working. "Update Profile" was giving me an error message.

How I fixed it:
Simply restarted the phone. Then I ran "Update Profile" again. This time it says my profile has been updated. It restarted the radio. I went into Comm Manager and turned on the Data Connection. Now it works like it should.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

fal44tp is a n00b

Okay, I have my MSL code. now I need some suggestions, as everyone knows, my phone is unlocked but now I don't have internet. my active profile is set to "1", i can not update my profile..

i need help.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fal44tp View Post
Okay, I have my MSL code. now I need some suggestions, as everyone knows, my phone is unlocked but now I don't have internet. my active profile is set to "1", i can not update my profile..

i need help.
Well I got 2 brand new diamonds both on sprint, the first one after activation had no internet changed my profile to 1 and instant internet.

Second one tried the profile reg edit and still no internet, tried everything ended up calling in and the clueless tech couldn't help, tranffered twice and now I had to do another hard reset from the code menu ##RTN# enter msl and the select "reset" from the menu, you may have to reenter your mdn msid so write down the number, my internet came back up.

Seems like the tech may have completely taken my account off their system and redid it, because I had to redo my voicemail, and they tried to reset my account end date to 2 years from now, and my contract has been finished for a few months, so I think she didn't have a clue and did that as a last resort.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

fal44tp is a n00b

I've had sprint change my sprint pcs username, obtained my msl code, tried to change the active profile, change my username manually, hard reset (three times), and still no luck.

any one?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

dzap is a n00b

Thanks you guys! I just got a new Diamond in the mail today, and was letting it charge for 6 hours. When I activated it though it wouldn't "update the profile" correctly, so I had to do it manually..and of course..I printed out the page that has my one-time MSL code and my permanent MSL code I did get it activated but like everyone else here, no data. I tried Wi-Fi..worked fine, so then I did a few google searches, tried reading through the manual (thanks for not putting a "troublshooting" section in the manual Sprint..), and of course still nothing.c Tried the updating of the PRL and the prfoile multiple times, and powering on/off multiples times..nothing.

Tried calling Sprint, of course they're closed this late at night, but being like a child on X'mas day opening a new gift..I wanted to play with everything so I was anxious

But thanks to you guys, got it fixed!! Set it to profile 1 and I'm good now!! All done within 2 minutes I also realized that the *ahem* "data connection" was set to um.."off" in the Comm. Manager so I'm not sure if that stupid mistake also helped or not, but it works now!!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Here's another way to kill or get your data back:
1. wifi IP = AUTOMATIC: data works
2. wifi IP = STATIC : data NO workie
3. wifi back to AUTO, data off/on (may have to reset to reestablish) : data once again works!

I've tried this 2 or 3 times and it seems to be repeatable. This keeps messing me up as I use static ip's on my lan. I haven't found a way to use static ip and keep cell data working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond