PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
They run virtually the same software. I'm not surprised.
Agreed, but I would have thought that they would have had the opportunity to take care of these issues prior to being released, since the Pros won't officially be released for about 45 days after the official Diamond reelase.

Oh well, they sure do know how to drop the ball...
Old 10-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Agreed, but I would have thought that they would have had the opportunity to take care of these issues prior to being released, since the Pros won't officially be released for about 45 days after the official Diamond reelase.

Oh well, they sure do know how to drop the ball...
I would imagine it takes a lot longer than 45 days for HTC to spin software and get it tested. You are talking about 2 very large companies with plenty of politics, not a Kitchen ROM.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurker

imfillinit is a n00b

i know i am late in this forum post but i thought this would help. i know this thread is 14 pages long and i have not read every post, but i thought that i would give my input to this problem if there is no definate answer as this way requires NO HARD RESETS or editing the phones active DATA profile manually.

i work for sprint. one thing that helps when provisioning this device when you go to "START>SYSTEM>UPDATE PROFILE" is to make sure that the phone is set into sprint mode only and to turn off the roaming setting.

if that does not work, power cycle your phone once you set the radio to sprint mode only, then run the update profile. that should get it to work. i havedone this at work for over 10 diamond phones that i have worked on and everytime it has connected with no hard resets. this goes for newly activated phones and phones that come in for repair that have not had any internet working for a few days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

beats4artists is a n00b
Smile Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

The update profile option worked perfectly for me. Thanks a bunch!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfillinit View Post
i know i am late in this forum post but i thought this would help. i know this thread is 14 pages long and i have not read every post, but i thought that i would give my input to this problem if there is no definate answer as this way requires NO HARD RESETS or editing the phones active DATA profile manually.

i work for sprint. one thing that helps when provisioning this device when you go to "START>SYSTEM>UPDATE PROFILE" is to make sure that the phone is set into sprint mode only and to turn off the roaming setting.

if that does not work, power cycle your phone once you set the radio to sprint mode only, then run the update profile. that should get it to work. i havedone this at work for over 10 diamond phones that i have worked on and everytime it has connected with no hard resets. this goes for newly activated phones and phones that come in for repair that have not had any internet working for a few days.
Interesting, thanks. I am going to order a few more Diamonds in the next couple of days and will try this when I get those in.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Lurker

scanex is a n00b

My problem is much worse
No connection withgmail.com anyway, no email and I can't connect toIM's.
It seems, that 80 port works only, but I know all is open. Tried to create new connections, flashed different roms, helps nothing...
I use HTC PPC6800 Mogul with dial connection. There is no "Update profile". Don't know what to do else
Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tspideyr is just getting started

Hi (This is my first post):

The solution I found to my internet problem was that I noticed that right after I made a call my internet connection did work and sometimes I was lucky enough to do a profile update or update my weather. This was because apparently in my area( Puerto Rico) the EVDO connection is not working and the phone can only work in 1X (although i have a sprint mobile broadband card that works at almost 2MBits/Sec). So following surferpr post in page 11, I went into modem options and changed to CDMA only. Not only did my internet work, but my battery life went incredibly high, form about 8-10 hours to lasting all day and with 50% to spare. I hope thids helps
Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Interesting, thanks. I am going to order a few more Diamonds in the next couple of days and will try this when I get those in.
haha.. you're too funny rain... too funny...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

I got a very interesting situation now, got MSL from sprint. but it's failed. somehow MSL code doest work. Lost data since update prl from MSR 2.1.1. any idea on that?

with a few hours of search got my problem solved. somehow after PRL update my MSL changed. Found the new MSL and run RTN back to square one now. thanks ppcgeeks

Last edited by dicast; 11-04-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
haha.. you're too funny rain... too funny...
Why am I so funny? I have a corporate account and am in charge of IT, and therefore ordering and provisioning all cell phones for my company. I just ordered two more last week and they are working fine. One worked correctly out of the box and the other I needed to do my little trick of changing the User Profile from 0 to 1 and it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond