PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
Alternate Internet Fix (if nothing else helps):
1) Flash back to the stock Sprint rom (in upgrade forums)
2) Backup all data (contacts, etc) using a program like PIMBackup or something like that.
3) Do the ##RTN# (##786#) and enter your MSL.. then go to menu and reset.. hit ok and then ok again to reset the device.
4) Let the stock sprint custimizations run.. after they are finished your phone should automatically soft reset and then voila!
uhh... shouldn't step #2 be step #1... and vise-versa...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
uhh... shouldn't step #2 be step #1... and vise-versa...
wow... your fast.. lol.. thanks for the correction.. i just fixed it!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker2008 View Post
I GOT IT!... ok, so finally i think i figured it out.. i was one of the people who could not get it to work after trying all of the methods on the first post, so this is how i did it... i tried hard reseting = didn't help.. i tried messing with the ##3282# and ##778# codes and values and nothing helped.. so i noticed that after the hard resets the values i put in were still there, showing that a hard reset doesn't do anything... so then i tried the ##RTN# reset and found that it changed back the original files, but it still didn't fix my internet.. so finally i flashed over to the stock sprint rom(found in upgrades forums) and then did the ##RTN# update again..so basically here is what you should do:

Alternate Internet Fix (if nothing else helps):
1) Backup all data (contacts, etc) using a program like PIMBackup or something like that.
2) Flash back to the stock Sprint rom (in upgrade forums)
3) Do the ##RTN# (##786#) and enter your MSL.. then go to menu and reset.. hit ok and then ok again to reset the device.
*** just so you know this reset will keep your internal storage.. nothing on that directory will get deleted***
4) Let the stock sprint custimizations run.. after they are finished your phone should automatically soft reset and then your done!

ps.. make sure your active profile is set to 1 (##3282# menu)

so this is what worked for me after nothing else does.. for those of you who still can't get your data to work try this and let me know if it helps..

Thanks guys for sharing and helping..
got my diamond today and did an online activation and everything but web worked, so i followed there instructions and now everything works perfectly!!! thanks!!!=D>
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
got my diamond today and did an online activation and everything but web worked, so i followed there instructions and now everything works perfectly!!! thanks!!!=D>
glad to see that it worked for you.. i think i may have found a good solution for the people who haven't had success with the one mentioned on the first post..... we'll just have to see if it works for others...
Old 10-15-2008, 01:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

etienne97 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferpr View Post
Alright ppl after trying everything I could find including all the helpful advice I found here my diamond was still internet less any who this is what finally worked for me. I updated the prl from 60613 to 60614 check the forum its everywhere, entered prl update dialing ##prl# (##775#) after a soft reset whent to ##778# then data parameters where it says Rev. A change to disabled (I know, I know be patient) after this soft reset I had internet working, make sure to also have the mobile profile set to 1. Afterwards go to update profile (should work) then you can go back to ##778# and re-enable the Rev. A. My internet is now working like a charm! and it only took almost 3 weeks of tweaking and splitting hairs with sprint. BTW they know crap about this phone even one advanced tech told me to look for IOTA
dude... thanks... just like you i had tried everything
Old 10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pirtle36 is a n00b

I was having the same problem too. Doing this worked for me.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirtle36 View Post
I was having the same problem too. Doing this worked for me.
This works for all devices. A RTN Reset takes all of the settings of the device and returns them to Sprint's Default when it is shipped. This should fix basically any errors in the device.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: cricket

thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo. is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
First off I spent an hour on the phone with tech support for them to tell me to try a IOTA in settings like on the mogul/touch but this did not work, so they told me they would have to call me back. This frustrated me so I decided to see if I could figure out what it was. Not saying this will work for all of you, but it did for me and now Im browsing with my new HTC Diamond!! Thanks to Rainfreak we have the most common issue with data services fixed!! If that doesn't work try the Update Profile option.
~mike

Most common fix for no internet!!! Thanks Rainfreak

1. Dial ##3282#
2. Click Edit and enter your MSL. (Call sprint for your MSL)
3. Tap & Highlight Active Profile.
4. Click Menu then Edit.
5. Change value to 1 then Ok, Ok again.
6. Click Yes to update the items then Ok to reset.

and/or

Try Start/Settings/System tab and click Update Profile.

UPDATE:: Can people with internet not working please post if they were able to activate online or not. I want to check a theory i have that mabey the issue is the esn's are not all logged into the online system and when the device is activate its not properly flagging the Hand Free to the device.....EDITED by PZZTGOTBAGZ
i also have the same problem i took my fone back 2 the store i purchaced it from they did a hard reset and wiped out allo f my data. i have sine taken it back 3 times and still no luck . my fone is flashed 2 cricket. i loaded a new rom so wen i go to check ##778# the password of 00000 no longer works this has been going on 4 4 months now and i paid $475 for my fone no contract. plz help if u can thx i also tryed ##32823 no luck . how can i find out the password?

Last edited by thickhipsjuicylips@yahoo.; 10-16-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

did you try the ##RTN# method i posted on the previous page? it resets all your data (except Internal Storage) and should reset all your phones factory settings.. i dont know if this will work with non-sprint carriers, but this worked for me.. maybe give it a try if you haven't yet...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Coop1979 is just getting started

The instructions in the OP worked for me. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond