PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is the signal strength better on the diamond than the touch? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37611)

sckbassg3 09-17-2008 12:16 PM

Is the signal strength better on the diamond than the touch?

Has anybody noticed if areas that had little to no signal (on Sprint) are now getting better signal on the diamond? This is going to be one of the main factors in determining if I go out and purchase it right away.

jptouch 09-17-2008 01:56 PM

Re: Is the signal strength better on the diamond than the touch?

I know this is kind of off topic but are you having problems with your signal strength?

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 02:31 PM

I find I get less (like no) dropped calls in my basement cell/cubicle, but I also get more break-ups in the conversations. Not really sure which is worse.

Clint

jptouch 09-17-2008 02:36 PM

Try calling Sprint or going into a store and tell them that you want to do a PRL update. After they submit it you just have to dial *2 and wait on the phone for 1 minute and your done. That should help, it should be done every 6 months. Oh yeah and theres no charge for it as well.

jptouch 09-17-2008 02:43 PM

Oh wait your with telus, sorry I'm not sure if they work the same way or not.:???:

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jptouch (Post 420289)
Oh wait your with telus, sorry I'm not sure if they work the same way or not.:???:

Same idea, but we just dial the update ourselves. :)

Clint

racedog 09-17-2008 03:03 PM

I just received the Sprint Diamond and my phone DEFINITELY has a weaker signal reception for both phone and data. I live in a very marginal rural area but the Touch has always provided reliable service for both.

The Diamond phone is breaking up somewhat and I can't even get an EVDO connection even though the Touch always had an EVDO connection here.

All in all, very disappointing and the phone will probably be returned unless a PRL upgrade or something can turn this around.

R

rcclark333 09-17-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedog (Post 420338)
I just received the Sprint Diamond and my phone DEFINITELY has a weaker signal reception for both phone and data. I live in a very marginal rural area but the Touch has always provided reliable service for both.

The Diamond phone is breaking up somewhat and I can't even get an EVDO connection even though the Touch always had an EVDO connection here.

All in all, very disappointing and the phone will probably be returned unless a PRL upgrade or something can turn this around.

R

I see you are in Kansas, where you at? I am in Lenexa & my EVDO on the 6700 always drifts back and forth between EVDO & 1x, which causes me lots of problems.

cornelious2 09-17-2008 03:12 PM

again as I posted before, the titan and touch have gone through radio upgrades (titan officially vogue unofficially) depending on how patient you are, I would say within a few months, I would bet reception would improve to at least what you were accustomed to.

Mr. X 09-17-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNeufeld (Post 420240)
I find I get less (like no) dropped calls in my basement cell/cubicle, but I also get more break-ups in the conversations. Not really sure which is worse.

Clint

i can totally agree with you here. less dropped calls in my girls house in the boon docks, but it does get rather choppy.