PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any idea if the Diamond is exclusive to Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynteeuh View Post
Since you put it out there. How gimped? Maybe I should switch networks. For the record, I'm a 'she'. ~Best
Sorry for assuming you were a dude.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
O ok. Thanks. Guess its the waiting game for the 16gb card. But I wonder what's the price tag gonna be on that puppy when it drops!
I'll take a wild guess and say atleast $120
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynteeuh View Post
Since you put it out there. How gimped? Maybe I should switch networks. For the record, I'm a 'she'. ~Best
First off, apologies for the assumption. It's sad how few girls we have on here, so I played the odds.

Anyway, Verizon version has a 400Mhz processor versus the standard 528Mhz that Sprint keeps. Also cuts the RAM in half from 256 to 128. That goes for both models. Meanwhile the Diamond is a trade-off, with Verizon dropping the 4GB of ROM in favor of a microSD slot, but also dropping the Motion G sensor in the Diamond, which Sprint keeps.

Details can be found here: http://gizmodo.com/5033263/details-o...slight-gimpage
Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 AM
N00b

qbanflak0 is just getting started

from what i can gather the only reason sprint is getting their diamond out first is because sprint and telus both used the same specs for their diamonds so htc was able to mass produce that model sooner, since verizon added a few hardware changes htc i probably producing their model when they have spare time to do so. Either that or option B. sprint has alot less cluttering apps to slap on to their diamond and a rom than verizon
Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 AM
N00b

qbanflak0 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
First off, apologies for the assumption. It's sad how few girls we have on here, so I played the odds.

Anyway, Verizon version has a 400Mhz processor versus the standard 528Mhz that Sprint keeps. Also cuts the RAM in half from 256 to 128. That goes for both models. Meanwhile the Diamond is a trade-off, with Verizon dropping the 4GB of ROM in favor of a microSD slot, but also dropping the Motion G sensor in the Diamond, which Sprint keeps.

Details can be found here: http://gizmodo.com/5033263/details-o...slight-gimpage
basically the only thing that really straps the sprint version for some users is its non-removable 4gigs but to be honest i can live with the 4 gigs over losing mhz and ram and g-sens any day! common people i know alot of you
love to play who has the bigger or more cards but 4gig is more than enough
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 PM
cynteeuh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Sorry for assuming you were a dude.
No prob
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
cynteeuh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post

No worries. Thank you very much for clarifying and sharing the link! That's exactly what I need.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond