PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 11:29 AM
etx
Lurker

etx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond coming to Alltel

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this yet. But I work with alltel, they sent us a diamond for testing which means they should be releasing it soon. I messed with it for a while, this phone is kick ***! It has an accelerometer in it like the iphone, and comes with a little level application and a game that uses it. The screen is super sharp and bright. The ui is more resopnsive than my touch for sure. Only weird thing is this one didnt have the diamond shape back to it, it was just regular flat ugly back. So alltel users, you can get a diamond too!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

archtech3d is just getting started
Re: HTC Diamond coming to Alltel

Sprint will have the flat back as well. It is because of a larger battery. I actually like the flat back better... the chiseled back is just too flashy for me, and picks up fingerprints like crazy.

Can you post any specifications to compare?

Last edited by archtech3d; 09-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by etx View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this yet. But I work with alltel, they sent us a diamond for testing which means they should be releasing it soon. I messed with it for a while, this phone is kick ***! It has an accelerometer in it like the iphone, and comes with a little level application and a game that uses it. The screen is super sharp and bright. The ui is more resopnsive than my touch for sure. Only weird thing is this one didnt have the diamond shape back to it, it was just regular flat ugly back. So alltel users, you can get a diamond too!
you already know someone is gonna ask for pics !!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Didn't Verizon just gobble up Alltel ? I guess that means that Verizon is getting the Diamond... ooops we already knew that.

http://www.gearlog.com/2008/06/veriz..._not_until.php
Old 09-06-2008, 10:30 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Didn't Verizon just gobble up Alltel ? I guess that means that Verizon is getting the Diamond... ooops we already knew that.

http://www.gearlog.com/2008/06/veriz..._not_until.php
haha. only thing is that mergers take forever

from the article you linked

Quote:
So. Verizon's buying Alltel. Worried your Alltel service is going away? It's looking like that may not happen until 2009 - or even 2010.
will they have everything merged prior to the diamonds release?
doubtful sprint and nextel still release CDMA and iDEN devices...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

yeah they do it too fast and not seamlessly and they'll have a lot of customers taking the oppurtunity to jump ship to a better network.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Lurker

000 is a n00b

Well since he said it has an accelerometer, it wouldn't be Verizon's version, so I guess they are getting separate ones. Awesome!

Has anyone heard anything about the Touch Pro coming to Alltel?

Last edited by 000; 09-07-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
etx
Lurker
Threadstarter

etx is a n00b

Yeah, sorry guys I cant post and pics because of the nda with our client.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

doctorPDA is becoming a great contributor

Appreciate the info etx.

Can you tell us if the back of the Alltel Touch Diamond is BLACK color, like the Telus Diamond? I hope it's not red like the Sprint version.

You can see the 360 degree view of Telus Diamond here if you're not familiar with it: http://promo.telusmobility.com/smart...uctStateNP3051

Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

While looking for alternative back covers for the Diamond I came up with this http://www.buywirelessnow.com/utstarcom/buy/accessories/cat/327/model/1035_379510/accessory/393538

It's the official UTStarcom accessories site that usually carries OEM items. They list the BTE6950AL extended battery/cover in dark grey.

No pictures but you can assume Alltel will be getting one and it's gonna have a Dark Grey back cover :P

-CC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond