PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Voice Command and the Jawbone II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37366)

maryanne 09-15-2008 01:23 AM

Voice Command and the Jawbone II

This was reviewed by Mobile Tech

<We tested the phone with the Jawbone and voice dialing worked fine but we heard static even when the headset was only 3 feet from the phone. The Jawbone II had better range, but voice dialing didn't work (the Jawbone II doesn't work with the HTC Touch Dual's voice dialing either).>

I have the Jawbone II and also the ear mold for it. Looks like I can't use it with the Diamond.

nemanracing 09-15-2008 03:13 AM

Re: Voice Command and the Jawbone II

my jawbone 2 works with my ms voice command. you press and hold the back button to activate the voice command on the jawbone 2.

smeg36 09-15-2008 08:22 AM

I read that a couple days ago, and was wondering if it indeed didn't work with the VC build included on the Diamond, or if Mobile Tech didn't realize Jawbone switched the voice command button on the Jawbone II from the original. We'll see tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I'll just install the build I have installed on my Touch, and that should get it working.

maryanne 09-15-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemanracing (Post 416170)
my jawbone 2 works with my ms voice command. you press and hold the back button to activate the voice command on the jawbone 2.

Mine does too except the volume is sooooo low that I do not use it for the voice dialing.

O'Neil Mitchell 09-15-2008 09:32 AM

Is the Jawbone actually as good as they say (Noise Reduction)

Mafamaticks 09-15-2008 01:57 PM

Dunno about the II but the OG Jawbone I had did exactly as it said. I was walking down the street and an ambulance drove next to me. The caller could understand me as clear as day. If the Jawbone II ain't nothing but a slimmer OG Jawbone then it works. The only reason I got rid of mine is because the OG is effing huge.

maryanne 09-17-2008 07:32 PM

Okay, I just tested the voice dialing on my Diamond via the Jawbone II and the volume is much better than using it with my old Touch. Now I do have the ear mold with this Jawbone.

Compusmurf 09-17-2008 08:02 PM

Hiya Maryanne. LOL. I see you switched. I'm holding out until I can try the Pro and the Diamond together. How are you liking it?

kennya 09-17-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryanne (Post 416288)
Mine does too except the volume is sooooo low that I do not use it for the voice dialing.

Do you mean the voice talking back to you is really low over the Jawbone2? Anyone one else experiencing this problem?

kellybrf 09-17-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennya (Post 421143)
Do you mean the voice talking back to you is really low over the Jawbone2? Anyone one else experiencing this problem?

yeah, it seems that the initial volume on the jb2 is low. i dont have the diamond yet, but with my touch and instinct i dont here the initial 'say a command' and when i answer an incoming call i cant hear the first few words sometimes. after a second or so it goes to full volume