PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What if the Pro doesn't come out in 30 days? (Sprint Diamond Owners)

What you do since the REturn kit takes 5-7 days to mail it back is get the Diamond.. Call in at 25-29 days and get a return kit... Return the Phone and order the Pro same day.. They dont need the phone back in 30 days they just need to send out the return kit within the 30day period.

James
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

the return kit doesnt take that long it takes maybe 2 days to get to you and it uses ups to go back to them which they are alerted when its put in the mail by a tracking number when ups scans it as soon as they get it or you drop it off. you may get a day or 2 extra but they arent all that flexible from 30. Its the customers responsibility to request the return kit before 30 days and have it in the mail by 30. you still get the full 30 days if you put hand it to ups on the 30th day so you lose nothing by that. Sometimes theyll give you 31 or 32 but you have to call in and get authorized to do that, Ive been through that and simply because the mail got backed up (it was a holiday i believe) so it was out of anyone's power.

either way dont play the system and keep phones out of the rest of our hands from the stock. Either get the diamond or wait and decide once the pro is out like a lot of us are doing. be an adult about it not work the system to use new phones and return them using the policy.

10/19 is a TENTATIVE date for the pro, and if its anything like its going right now with diamond orders no one will have them until the 21st-22nd. That could be delayed too its a tentative date, the diamond was pushed back 2 weeks or so. Risking $520 (if the pro is delayed) isnt a smart decision on Sprint's discretion to let you return either-decide you need a keyboard or can live without it and live with the decision, or wait until the demo Diamonds are in the store and play with one before choosing if youve never used an all touchscreen device.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 09-15-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You know what I am getting Both.. However I was informed by a sprint store that the return kit is not linked to a phone.. They ordered one for me under a different phone on my plan and sent a different one back.. I got the Full credit for the phone sent back to them... Dont ask how they did It cause I dont know...

As for the Pro I will be getting mine for free on launch day. The diamond I will use until the Pro comes out and then It will be given to my wife to replace her Touch.. That is unless I happen to like the Diamond but I like the Full keyboard.. Overkill on the ram and Tv Out Idea. I have already heard from an Insider that the pro is a huge stepup from the Mogul and they are loving it very much...

James
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Just so you all know.... I talked to 2 different Sprint CS thru their chat system and they both told me I can return the Diamond to a Sprint store. I asked to double check that and they said "YES". Has anyone else been told that?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

wvufan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Just so you all know.... I talked to 2 different Sprint CS thru their chat system and they both told me I can return the Diamond to a Sprint store. I asked to double check that and they said "YES". Has anyone else been told that?
Yes, I chatted with a Sprint rep today, and she told me the online purchases can be returned to any Sprint owned store. She sent me a quote from their satisfaction guarantee:

"Sprint now offers customers that purchase via Sprint.com or by phone the convenience of returning their device to a corporate-owned Sprint store."

http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/returninfo.html
Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

ocbizlaw is a n00b

Very few are going to get the Diamond by September 17 so if the Pro comes out on the 16th it won't matter. Beside, I had my Treo 800w for 60 days but they still let me swap it for the Diamond without penalty.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

blink182fka6 is a n00b

so if i want to swap out the diamond for the touch pro with in 30 days, will i have to pay the different between the phones? i think its only like $50 so not a big deal

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond