PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I Use my wifes 2year upgrade ?

I been trying to figure out how to grab one of these for a good while now. I have 3 phones on my acct and only one of them is due for the upgrade price. the other 2 must wait a long time. Basically my wife said she is still plenty happy with her Phone and said that if I want I can use her upgrade.

Is that even possible to order the phone through telesales and use her upgrade and then put it on my phone # ? If not im gonna be waiting a long time
Old 09-13-2008, 06:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Can I Use my wifes 2year upgrade ?

yes, i did it when ibought an instinct. my moms phone was ready for upgrade and sprint gave my mom the phone with my number. not sure if that makes sense but bottom line i got new phone same number mom got nuthin. now she got the instinct from me(junk!) and i went back to touch no ?s asked
Old 09-13-2008, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz600 View Post
I been trying to figure out how to grab one of these for a good while now. I have 3 phones on my acct and only one of them is due for the upgrade price. the other 2 must wait a long time. Basically my wife said she is still plenty happy with her Phone and said that if I want I can use her upgrade.

Is that even possible to order the phone through telesales and use her upgrade and then put it on my phone # ? If not im gonna be waiting a long time
You should be able to without much a problem. Once you activate the phone online just do an ESN swap on the VZW website. Its very easy to do.

EDIT: Nevermind, your Sprint. Im still sure you wont have an issue.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:19 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i didnt see if you were with sprint, if you are no problem. also earlier today i ordered a diamond that will be shipped monday in the am. call to see what you can do, goodluck
Old 09-13-2008, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I fixed it I put sprint in my profile

So if I was to order one using my wifes upgrade and when I get it. Could I activate it using my number or do I have to put on her number then switch later ?

Also what would that do the 30 day warranty?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:34 PM
acs tester

put it this way i ordered it like it wasfor me my number moms upgrade no problem. 30 day war. still good. every thing you want i got. and i dont see why you wouldnt. also tell them you might get iphone if they dont. lol
Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo 4g LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

downsouthballa is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Can I Use my wifes 2year upgrade ?

Yes u can i used to work for Sprint once u upgrade u have to keep that phone on that number until u get Mail in rebate back .....because if you submit rebate for that number and they check and see its on your number rebate will be denied no questions asked cause that number was eligble don't ask me thats crazy I had a lot of calls on that issue ........
Old 09-13-2008, 06:45 PM
acs tester

ya, mine was easy no rebate. the instinct was 129$ flat so rebate might be an issue.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok so I called telesales up to order a diamond and grab as much info as possible.

As far as what the dude told me he said it would be no problem using an upgrade off a different number and using it on my number . He also said that it would still retain is 30 day warranty and the rebate would still go through. I asked him are you sure like 5 times and he kept saying its ok and the rebate would still go though . So I dont know if he know what he is talking about or if he does. I really dont want to lose out on 100$ .

Also he said he couldn't order the diamond for me untill tomorow and he said he would call me back at 4pm tomorow so he could place that order for me .
Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well its done . I just ordered the phone I will have it next week. I used the upgrade off my wifes number and was told many times that the rebate will still work and the 30 day return still works. Even if the rebate doesn't work they gave me a 70 dollar credit for some reason or another so I am ok if I never get that rebate. Thanks everyone for the help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond