PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tntsniper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond roaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The attached cab works for my Sprint Diamond.
This looks to be working great for me, I just went to start>settings>phone>services>phone>services>roami ng>roaming only

This will be good as where im at it bounces constantly from sprint to roaming and I miss a lot of calls and my battery dies like crazy.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

Thanks!!! that helps a LOT!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here is a script I modified to allow easy toggling between roaming only and automatic. More information is in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=15
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

etienne97 is a n00b

For some reason none of these solutions have worked for me. The only way I can get roaming is if I flash Mighty Stable Rom, but although he has a very good Rom I would like to use Juicy's new 2.6 rom. Any ideas?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The attached cab works for my Sprint Diamond.
I've been looking for the simple easy way to add the "Roaming Only" option and this was it.

Thanks!

(Sprint doesn't have Ev in my home, but Verizon does, so it's nice to switch over to Ev when I need it.. you know when you have the Emergency "I gotta show you this clip from Youtube!!!")

Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
I've been looking for the simple easy way to add the "Roaming Only" option and this was it.

Thanks!

(Sprint doesn't have Ev in my home, but Verizon does, so it's nice to switch over to Ev when I need it.. you know when you have the Emergency "I gotta show you this clip from Youtube!!!")

Hi, I installed this cab and set up roaming only option, the only problem with is I am not getting ev roaming in my house. I am still getting 1x and the speed is slow. how are you getting ev from Verizon? as a side note, I get ev from Sprint in my part of my house but is 1 bar so I was hoping the roaming only option would get me ev. any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You will not get EVDO speeds while roaming, that is one of the drawbacks..
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
You will not get EVDO speeds while roaming, that is one of the drawbacks..
... unless that is the only data roaming option available in your geographic location.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi, I installed this cab and set up roaming only option, the only problem with is I am not getting ev roaming in my house. I am still getting 1x and the speed is slow. how are you getting ev from Verizon? as a side note, I get ev from Sprint in my part of my house but is 1 bar so I was hoping the roaming only option would get me ev. any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm not sure.

Maybe Verizon doesn't have Ev coverage in your house either?

They just put Verizon Ev in my area about 4 or 5 months ago. It's possible your area doesn't have it yet? Or atleast the tower you happen to be by.

It's funny, when I'm out in the boon docks, I get the fast Ev speeds (cause it Roams).. but when I'm in my "home" Sprint network I get the crappy 1x. Being able to Roam in my home network to Ev is awesome.. heh.

We keep asking for when Ev is coming to Sprint in our area and they keep saying 6 months. At this point I could care less. I have the Simply Everything plan and I'll only switch to Roaming when I need the speed. So I'm good. Thanks to Verizon.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
I'm not sure.

Maybe Verizon doesn't have Ev coverage in your house either?

They just put Verizon Ev in my area about 4 or 5 months ago. It's possible your area doesn't have it yet? Or atleast the tower you happen to be by.

It's funny, when I'm out in the boon docks, I get the fast Ev speeds (cause it Roams).. but when I'm in my "home" Sprint network I get the crappy 1x. Being able to Roam in my home network to Ev is awesome.. heh.

We keep asking for when Ev is coming to Sprint in our area and they keep saying 6 months. At this point I could care less. I have the Simply Everything plan and I'll only switch to Roaming when I need the speed. So I'm good. Thanks to Verizon.

Thanks for the info. Sprint does has ev in my area and I get it in my first and second floor but I am 1x or roaming in the basement. I think it just has to do with my basement at this point because Verizon definitely would have ev coverage in my area. I am only 5 miles outside of downtown Pittsburgh. Oh well, at least I get 3g upstairs. I wonder if I flash a new radio (verizon radio) it would allow me better coverage in my house?

Last edited by Riley; 10-29-2008 at 01:46 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond