PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Another Quick Question!

When we get the update for WinMo 7, will TF3D be removed? Or still remain and hide WinMo7? (I know you can manually disable TF3D)
Thanks,
Old 09-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Another Quick Question!

What makes you think we would get WM7?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Welll the touch got WinMo 6.1.. It's just an assumption I guess.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

archtech3d is just getting started

I think we'll get it... just like the first HTC Touch apparently got the upgrade to 6.1... I'm sure we'll get the upgrade to 7. The upgrade would have to be from HTC or Sprint though because I'm sure TF3d would have to be altered.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by archtech3d View Post
I think we'll get it... just like the first HTC Touch apparently got the upgrade to 6.1... I'm sure we'll get the upgrade to 7. The upgrade would have to be from HTC or Sprint though because I'm sure TF3d would have to be altered.
6 to 6.1 is a "minor" upgrade. 6.1 to 7 will be a "major" upgrade. As someone who went through the Dell x50v upgrade to Windows Mobile 5, I'm not eager to go through that again. Dell was foolish, though, and committed to providing that upgrade. I ended up getting a new x51v out of the deal, so it ended up working out ok for me.

As well, there can be hardware specifications that change as well. For example, I think one of the things mentioned in in Mobile 7 is multi-touch support. The Diamond (so far) doesn't support multi-touch on the main screen, so no matter what the OS supports, the hardware may not cut the mustard.

In any case, HTC, Telus, and (I think) Sprint haven't made any promises to have a Windows Mobile 7 upgrade, unlike Dell. It's in their best interest to sell you a new machine when the new OS comes out.

Clint
Old 09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I think if it as a Service Pack update... You have XP so they'll give you SP1, SP2 and SP3 all for free... but they won't give you Vista.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I see, well when is WinMo 7 expected to launch?, Also any rumored devices supporting it in the future?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

archtech3d is just getting started

I think Windows Mobile 7 will be out in early 2009. I heard January... but don't hold me to that. 100% 2009 though. I haven't heard of any devices that will have it yet... but I'm sure there will be plenty.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

By then, (January or whenever in 2009) you'll be salivating for Android anyway, so meh.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I don't see whats so great about the Android, whats so good about it exactly? I havn't read up on it yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond