PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Bell

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help me fix my 2016 issue.

Hello,

I have a cooked ROM on my diamond (6.1 sys 21055), and this cooked ROM has the 2016 issue.

I understand and have implemented the RecvTimeStamp registry fix, which solves the problem somewhat, but it only uses my devices time when I receive it, not the actual time it was sent and received by the server before coming to me.

There are plenty of Official HTC fixes out there, but none of them seem to work with a cooked rom. Says invalid version or something like that.
My carrier is Bell and the stock rom never had this issue and therefore (I guess) HTC never released a fix for it.

First -- does the "ziggy2016fix.cab" fix the cooked rom to display the server time or does it just change the registry to show your device time? And will it work on a DIAMOND?

If it only changes the device time, I need a better fix. So, here are my questions.

a) What exactly does the OFFICIAL HTC fix do and what does it replace?

b) Is there a modification of the OFFICIAL HTC fix that will do the exact same thing, but installable on a cooked rom?

c) Since the bell stock rom didn't have the problem, can I just extract whatever files the official fix replaces from the stock rom and just copy them over to my cooked one? Will I have version conflicts?

d) Having failed with either B or C, is there any way to extract and import the bell stock rom into OMJ's kitchen, including all sys or whatever else the Bell ROM contains, remove what I don't like, add what I do and recook? I'm still very new at the whole kitchen thing, so if there's a link I missed on how to do this please point me in the right direction. I have both OMJ 1.8 and 1.9

Lots of questions, but hopefully I can reestablish a way to have the server time back on text messages rather than my device time. (I don't keep my phone on 24/7 as it is).

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Please help me fix my 2016 issue.

Hey ... did deleting the cabs instead of the reg entries help with your other issues?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Hey... now that wmdunn has entered the building(thread), let me first say that it is his incredible rom that I am using... Love the dang thing. ha.

As for your question, I didn't completely understand how to do it, as I said, I'm still new. I went in to the windows directory of your rom, and noticed both cabs still there.. so I just left it.

Hey, maybe if someone can figure out this SMS issue, you can cook that in to your rom along with the black dialer. ha... or at least show me how to do it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

The update from htc is an updated rilphone.dll. You just need to copy that file to /windows and it will fix the problem (but probably not from the older texts, just incoming). You can also replace the rilphone.dll in your kitchen with the updated one when cooking. You can try the cab I made of the sprint updated rilphone.dll here. It might work fine, but I am not sure if it's carrier-specific. Post your Bell 2016 fix and I can do the same thing if you want.

Edit - I looked at calkulin's kitchen (which I assue wmdunn used as a base) and it only contain 1 rilphone.dll in it for the diamond. Since that's the case, it shouldn't be carrier-specific and you can go ahead and try the cab I linked. It should fix the problem for you.

Last edited by mwalt2; 02-28-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Funny you are replying to my thread mwalt2, I actually used your CAB and it fixed my year date. (I found it in another thread).. So thanks!

I have one further problem that I thought was one and the same, but it is not... Although the year has been corrected thanks to your cab, my time is still ahead on SMS messages by 5 hours.

I've tried all registry fixes (TrustTimeZoneField=0), stopped the auto syncing of my time, changing to a different time zone then back, but still no luck.

My Time Zone is eastern (-5) and thats correct on my phone, yet sms still shows that way..

Any idea why and how I can fix it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond