PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Launch Day in Canada?

According to Telus, today is supposed to be the day the Touch Diamond is "available in North America". There's been conflicting reports of it being available in limited quantities today and tomorrow, with a full launch on the 19th. Hopefully, we'll see something concrete through the day.

For me, I've contacted a couple local shops. The big-box vendors (Best Buy, etc) seem to know it's coming, but don't know when. The local dealers seem to be a crap shoot, but none can give a firm answer on when they'll have one in their sweaty hands. Ah, well...

Clint
Old 08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Launch Day in Canada?

I'm waiting for stock confirmation from my contact at FS...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Pretty pissed off that no one can get the phone on the actual "release date" if you can call it that.

The phone should be available tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm hearing (consistently) next week. Like the 19th/20th. I've got two local dealers that are supposed to phone me when it's in.

Clint
Old 08-14-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jptouch is a n00b

AAAAHHHH!!!!!! What an ugly back on the phone, I'll take the back from another carriers diamond or spray that thing black.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Neufeld: BB/FS told me next week, but the actual Telus stores said most likely tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Neufeld: BB/FS told me next week, but the actual Telus stores said most likely tomorrow afternoon.
The local big box stores (BB/FS) had heard of the store, but no idea on a date. I've been going by the Howard Forum threads, like:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416962

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365727

It's a mostly Canadian audience (since it's a Telus forum), and there's some Telus employees in there. While I would be very pleasantly surprised to see it tomorrow, I would expect the 19th at the earliest. After two already blown launches (the 6th, then the 14th), I'm not holding my breath anymore... The story in the threads is HTC not providing stock. How true that is is anyone's guess.

Clint

Last edited by CNeufeld; 08-15-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptouch View Post
AAAAHHHH!!!!!! What an ugly back on the phone, I'll take the back from another carriers diamond or spray that thing black.
Are you talking about the black Telus back? I MUCH prefer that over the shiny black angled back. Personal preference, I know...
Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

Lokks is a n00b

Folks the phone will be out on the 19th, that is what the dealers were told on their conference call.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

captspaulding1000 is just getting started

the phone is already out i picked one up this evening.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond