PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard Reset

Someone posted a question which I was unable to find an answer and was wondering if a bright mind on here would know.

When a hard reset is preformed, is the 4gig wiped clean?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Hard Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridic View Post
Someone posted a question which I was unable to find an answer and was wondering if a bright mind on here would know.

When a hard reset is preformed, is the 4gig wiped clean?
i dont have a diamond, but i wouldn't think so... i think its only the ROM that cleans
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Actually, that is a very good question. I wonder if they have it setup like current phones and the EXT-ROM. It is quite possible, however, that it WILL be cleared by a hard reset. Thats something to look into.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Until I find something otherwise, I am going to say it will be cleared.
If I find anything that proves differently, I will be sure to post it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I asked on xda will post if I find anything
Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you get the option to format storage or not
Old 08-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So you can hard reset with the internal memory getting cleared or choose to keep it as is?

Nice.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A hard reset will not erase anything stored on the 4GB of internal storage. It is treated in the same manner as a storage card, except that it's not removable.

Edit: To make it a little clearer (hopefully), the Diamond has XX amount of RAM, XX amount of ROM space, plus 4GB of internal storage. I say XX only because there is the possibility that it will change in CDMA form. For all intents and purposes, the 4GB is an unremovable storage card. It is just labeled as "Internal Storage" within WM.

Last edited by bedoig; 08-13-2008 at 02:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond