PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

WFTarHeel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Plans for the Diamond

Does anybody know if Sprint is going to force people to change plans with the Diamond the way they are doing with the Instinct?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint Plans for the Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFTarHeel View Post
Does anybody know if Sprint is going to force people to change plans with the Diamond the way they are doing with the Instinct?

so stupid of a question.The instinct was the only one they are doing this for.

You may not get the rebate unless you have a 25$ plan for internet but thats about it.

But this has been talked about over and over.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Looking at the new plans from Sprint and how they changed the SERO plan it might be a possibility that Sprint will force everyone into their new plan cycle. I still think Sprint is shooting themselves in the foot trying to charge more for everything when they can't fix something as simple as customer service.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

WFTarHeel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan626 View Post
Looking at the new plans from Sprint and how they changed the SERO plan it might be a possibility that Sprint will force everyone into their new plan cycle. I still think Sprint is shooting themselves in the foot trying to charge more for everything when they can't fix something as simple as customer service.
At the rate that Sprint is losing customers, you'd really think they'd be doing everything they can to not upset the ones that they have.

The whole game Apple is playing with the iPod bothers me. They say Twice the Speed, Half the Price. Half the Price? They charge you half as much up front, but then you have to sign up for their new data plan which is $10 more per month and there is a minimum commitment of 2 years. That's an additional $240 minimum commitment bringing the TCO for the new iPod above what you had to pay for the last one.

I don't know if Sprint is just testing this approach with the Instinct (I haven't read all these threads about this topic like other have) and then they'll make decisions about whether or not to do this going forward, but like you said it doesn't seem like a good idea for Sprint to be doing more to upset the customers who have decided to stay with them.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

mromblad is keeping up the good workmromblad is keeping up the good work

The new plans are great if you have a diamond as they will take advantage of all the features of the phone. that is why they are set up the way they are. You will most likely not be forced to switch, but for new customers especially, they are great package plans at low cost.

<soapbox>its all about trends. the people that are leaving are leaving because they are following the trend others have set. no real reason. If you really sit back and do plan versus plan. you will not get better then sprint. its just a shame that the first few hundred left because of poor CS and the other thousands left because they saw everyone else leaving.

Sprint is a great company plan wise, Even these ne wplans you say sprint is forcing on customers. SERO got out of hand because newspapers started writing articles on it. It was plans below cost value. That would put sprint dead in the water faster then all the customers leaving. The fact they got rid of it and are still selling package plans cheaper then any other carrier goes to show you sprint is not trying to screw anyone.

the simple reason you think sprint is forcing people is because you think sero was an open thing for anyone to try. it was meant for reps to give out special referals to friends for a discount. not for joe smoe to go sign up 10 different accounts with the same employee email. you are taking sprint for granted and are now upset when they release new, yet still fair, plans. that makes all of you criticizers feel real big huh.</soapbox>

~Mike

P.S. I have had my bad dealings with C.S., but I will never leave for the simple reason I can't afford to shell out more, and no, I am NOT on SERO and never wanted to be.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan626 View Post
Sprint has fixed their customer service for the most part. I've called them a few times in the past week and I've had nothing but great experiences with reps that were cordial, professional, willing to help, knowledgeable, and most of all, SPOKE AND UNDERSTOOD ENGLISH!

And yes, current plans are that all PDA/PocketPC customers will have to have an Everything plan if they want the MIR.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its a windows mobile device. did they make you change plans with the treo 800w? Nope

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
its a windows mobile device. did they make you change plans with the treo 800w? Nope
The 800w isn't one of the two devices they're targeting with SE plans - the Diamond and the Raphael are.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

With the 800w they did/do make you change the plan to one of the EVERYTHING PLAN. They did tell me that with the new phones, you will have to change plans.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:12 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well i have sold a couple and not had to change a rate plan and Sprint Sales Support (for dealers) also said negative to a rate plan change to one of the Everything plans. I mean they cant lock a phone to a specific rate plan when two other devices that do the same thing can be on the older plans it doesnt make sense. Then again it could be different markets offering different things like the California market offering the Simply Everything plan 3 months or so before everybody else had access to it.

Last edited by nxtech3; 07-17-2008 at 05:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond