PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question Loose USB Connector

Hey there, I've got a question on my Diamond's 5 Pin "Mini USB" plug.

Lately, the connector doesn't like to "hold on" to whatever I plug into it very much anymore. The AC adapter I use is okay, but if I "so much as" bump it when connected with my USB cable to my computer, it'll loose connection. My headphones adapter just falls out if you hold it upright and gently shake it. Is there any easy fix for this or do I need a new connector?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You could try using a needle type probe tool to VERY CAREFULLY bend the tiny little metal "ears" inside the top and bottom of the connector on your phone inward toward the center of the connector. Otherwise, replacement is probably the only other option.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Lightbulb UNIVERSAL SERIAL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You could try using a needle type probe tool to VERY CAREFULLY bend the tiny little metal "ears" inside the top and bottom of the connector on your phone inward toward the center of the connector. Otherwise, replacement is probably the only other option.
Good idea. Definitely will have a look at that and let you know how it goes. In the meantime, if this somehow didn't fix the problem, is it worth it to fix? The USB port looked to be in the 6-7 dollar neighborhood on eBay, and the device also has a cracked touchscreen (another 6-7 dollar expense). Is it worth it to put that much money into this aging device at this point in time, and if so, how feasible is the touch panel and USB port replacement procedures. I've got limited soldering experience (desoldered and soldered in some new Convergence ICs in our rear projection television), for better or for worse, so I don't know how much/if that is involved or not.

- 2 Bunny
Old 11-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mtbdoc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Loose USB Connector

I bought my second of these phones after my USB stopped working. I used to tether daily and so it took a lot of abuse. I still LOVE this little phone, as it seems to be the best device for my SERO account. Unfortunately, this is a weak link. I still have the first phone that works perfectly other than the USB has gone bad and I was not ready to try to replace it. IF you are able to do so, I eagerly await your reports!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post DIAMOND VETERANS' CLUB Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdoc View Post
I bought my second of these phones after my USB stopped working. I used to tether daily and so it took a lot of abuse. I still LOVE this little phone, as it seems to be the best device for my SERO account. Unfortunately, this is a weak link. I still have the first phone that works perfectly other than the USB has gone bad and I was not ready to try to replace it. IF you are able to do so, I eagerly await your reports!
Is your USB connector just loose or is it not making connection?

- 2 Bunny
Old 12-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: any
Carrier: idea

jaspertailor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Loose USB Connector

You can just go to dealer from whom you purchase your device or can go to HTC service center they might be fix this problem. If problem still exist then you have to get new connector for your device.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Post MISSED THE BUS Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspertailor View Post
You can just go to dealer from whom you purchase your device or can go to HTC service center they might be fix this problem. If problem still exist then you have to get new connector for your device.
Dude, read the thread, we fixed this problem further up the page.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

- 2B

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond