PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Question Guide of some sort?

I know loosly from what I have read how to get "Storage" Android going, but I had a few questions.

Since there doesn't seem to be ANY NAND development for Android on this device, and being that the "Internal Storage" is indeed "Internal", what should I be using to properly format this storage?

I ask because I worked on a friends hero recently and it was my first venture in to the Android world OUTSIDE of the emulator, pretty easy with the tools for NAND! When working on it and looking at the different ROM's I noticed the "use" and "ability" for the storage to be partitioned for not only storage space, but also space for a "swap" file to help increase speed!

Now normally I wouldn't bother, but a few things stick out to me about the Diamond VS other phones with only MicroSD, the Internal Storage (4GB) seems to be faster then my Class6 MicroSD card (possibly a Class10 even) making it a great candidate for not only running the Android OS, but also being able to utilize the "swap" space to great effect! Add to that the ROM I flashed my friends Hero to utilized that "swap" space and the load times and reaction times just became INSANELY faster! Took it out, back to slow, put it back in, so much faster... ooooh the insanity!

Anyway, I cant find a good guide or even "yes/no" possibility for the Diamonds internal storage (since no NANDroid Q_Q), so anyone got one? Or be willing to make one? Also, on that same note whats recommended? OS/Storage/SWAP partitions? or just OS+Storage/Swap partitions? I know on the Hero the OS is internal so no worries, but just wanted to know for the Diamond what route bestows the best performance for Android on Diamond?

Thanks!

EDIT: ah another thing, has anyone developed a SUPERlite WM build for those of us who do/want to use Android as the Main OS? Thanks!

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-11-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Guide of some sort?

I think you can use the HP format tool and hook it up to the PC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond