PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manual PRL update failure with Gadget ROM, any solution?

I just flashed my wife's Sprint Diamond back to the eyecandy Gadget ROM. It's been a problem with this ROM that the PRL update/profile update is not functional. So I used the manual update.

I downloaded the PRL files from both Diamond sub forum and TP2 sub forum (newer), first of all, I assume PRL files are not device specific, is that right?

Anyways, then I dialed #775, input the code and get to the PRL update interface, I specified the file path that leads to the PRL files I put in Storage card, then hit "OK". A msg popped out asking if I want to update the device, I hit "OK", then the phone shut itself off instead of "rebooting" according to all the PRL manual update instructions. I had to press the power button to get the phone powered up, and then when I checked the PRL version, it remained unchanged.

I tried both the PRL from diamond and TP2, also tried putting the files in phone memory as well as strorage card. Results remained the same.

Can anyone help me out? TIA

Last edited by Procter; 04-13-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Manual PRL update failure with Gadget ROM, any solution?

Try downloading and installing this cab to device memory:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...rofile-prl.cab

Then wait a minute. Then soft reset and after booting up completely go to Settings/System Tab and then click on the Update PRL Icon and see if it works like it's supposed to.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Manual PRL update failure with Gadget ROM, any solution?

Thanks for the reply. Don't know if your cab is newer, but I did install a provisioning cab. But still, when I click the "update PRL" icon in settings, nothing happened.

I saw another report about the same issue in TP2 PRL thread, but no solution was provided there. Also people in that thread were talking about updated PRL got rolled back after rebooting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond