PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

oakville is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
looking for a reilable ROM

hi guys, just wonder if we can share the experience of ROM reliability. i have flashed my phone with various ROMs, but all having reliability issue, i would be happy to have my phone have fancy feature, but if phone always freeze, then this phone lost the most basic functionality - PHONE.

currently running the Bell stock rom, felt that is the most reliable ROM, but my phone still freeze from time to time, with no fix pattern, sometime phone can freeze not too long after i did a hard reboot.

thanks for sharing!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: looking for a reilable ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakville View Post
hi guys, just wonder if we can share the experience of ROM reliability. i have flashed my phone with various ROMs, but all having reliability issue, i would be happy to have my phone have fancy feature, but if phone always freeze, then this phone lost the most basic functionality - PHONE.

currently running the Bell stock rom, felt that is the most reliable ROM, but my phone still freeze from time to time, with no fix pattern, sometime phone can freeze not too long after i did a hard reboot.

thanks for sharing!!!
When I had a Diamond I found the most reliable ROM was Mighty Rom 3.9..if you can manage to find a copy of it you'll have to be sure it works with Bell, as I don't know.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

oakville is a n00b

thanks...any more ppl sharing of experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
When I had a Diamond I found the most reliable ROM was Mighty Rom 3.9..if you can manage to find a copy of it you'll have to be sure it works with Bell, as I don't know.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post I HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL (ALMOST) Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakville View Post
thanks...any more ppl sharing of experience?
I used MightyROM for about 3 weeks to a month back in the day and while it looked very cool, it was missing a lot of features that I felt were quite important. Now for my shameless plug, try my Elite series ROM. Fast, easy on the battery, Lite (but not too Lite that you wonder where everything is), and stable. You actually can't go wrong with almost anything that came from the Caulkin kitchen so long as it is WM6.1.

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny
Old 04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I really liked Da Reeseboys 28014, but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. I might have a copy still.

My other favorite is Mr Obvious's http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-diamo...ml#post1349329 . I've been running the 7-22 version 23506 now without a hard reset for about 4 months now, I've been having a couple glitches lately and might go back to his older version 21876 http://stejskalservices.com/ROM/6-28.7z , I ran that one for 6 months previously without a hard reset ! Read his thread and see what you like. It's old and he doesn't update it anymore, but old and stable is better than bleeding edge.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Honestly my ROM is very nice. The 21876 was probably the best 6.5 ROM ever made IMO and it was an absolute fluke it was so stable but it does work amazingly. That or MightyROM 4 is probably the best for 6.1. I know it's like me giving myself a plug but I made it no frills so that it would be designed to be stable.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

stogguul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Honestly my ROM is very nice. The 21876 was probably the best 6.5 ROM ever made IMO and it was an absolute fluke it was so stable but it does work amazingly. That or MightyROM 4 is probably the best for 6.1. I know it's like me giving myself a plug but I made it no frills so that it would be designed to be stable.
+1 for ObviouslyStableRom

This is the ROM I've been using for almost a year now. It still freezes sometimes - but overall is pretty stable.

I love that it has cooked in RSS Hub

Thanks MrObvious. I'll probably use this ROM till I change my phone when my contract expires.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

oakville is a n00b

thanks guys for sharing. flashed my phone with Mighty ROM, and running for one week, hang once only (appears related to a notification from quick gps). disable the auto sync of quick gps, and phone runs fine without hanging until this point. thanks again for sharing.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: SMART

wildanw2 is a n00b

Anyone still have the 6.1 ROM for HTC Diamond CDMA...any Caulkin or MightyROM? Would you please upload them somewhere? I don't need the latest but I need a ROM which is good looking, fast and stable.
Thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogguul View Post
+1 for ObviouslyStableRom

This is the ROM I've been using for almost a year now. It still freezes sometimes - but overall is pretty stable.

I love that it has cooked in RSS Hub

Thanks MrObvious. I'll probably use this ROM till I change my phone when my contract expires.
You're welcome! I just had to share. If I had a digitizer that worked I would probably still be rocking this ROM or using Android.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond