PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   looking for a reilable ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142618)

oakville 04-08-2011 08:33 PM

looking for a reilable ROM

hi guys, just wonder if we can share the experience of ROM reliability. i have flashed my phone with various ROMs, but all having reliability issue, i would be happy to have my phone have fancy feature, but if phone always freeze, then this phone lost the most basic functionality - PHONE.

currently running the Bell stock rom, felt that is the most reliable ROM, but my phone still freeze from time to time, with no fix pattern, sometime phone can freeze not too long after i did a hard reboot.

thanks for sharing!!!

mulhiny 04-08-2011 11:10 PM

Re: looking for a reilable ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakville (Post 2082252)
hi guys, just wonder if we can share the experience of ROM reliability. i have flashed my phone with various ROMs, but all having reliability issue, i would be happy to have my phone have fancy feature, but if phone always freeze, then this phone lost the most basic functionality - PHONE.

currently running the Bell stock rom, felt that is the most reliable ROM, but my phone still freeze from time to time, with no fix pattern, sometime phone can freeze not too long after i did a hard reboot.

thanks for sharing!!!

When I had a Diamond I found the most reliable ROM was Mighty Rom 3.9..if you can manage to find a copy of it you'll have to be sure it works with Bell, as I don't know.

oakville 04-11-2011 08:23 PM

thanks...any more ppl sharing of experience?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 2082312)
When I had a Diamond I found the most reliable ROM was Mighty Rom 3.9..if you can manage to find a copy of it you'll have to be sure it works with Bell, as I don't know.

2 Bunny 04-13-2011 04:02 PM

I HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL (ALMOST) Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakville (Post 2083528)
thanks...any more ppl sharing of experience?

I used MightyROM for about 3 weeks to a month back in the day and while it looked very cool, it was missing a lot of features that I felt were quite important. Now for my shameless plug, try my Elite series ROM. Fast, easy on the battery, Lite (but not too Lite that you wonder where everything is), and stable. You actually can't go wrong with almost anything that came from the Caulkin kitchen so long as it is WM6.1.

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny

etski 04-13-2011 04:07 PM

I really liked Da Reeseboys 28014, but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. I might have a copy still.

My other favorite is Mr Obvious's http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-diamo...ml#post1349329 . I've been running the 7-22 version 23506 now without a hard reset for about 4 months now, I've been having a couple glitches lately and might go back to his older version 21876 http://stejskalservices.com/ROM/6-28.7z , I ran that one for 6 months previously without a hard reset ! Read his thread and see what you like. It's old and he doesn't update it anymore, but old and stable is better than bleeding edge.

MrObvious 04-14-2011 12:56 AM

Honestly my ROM is very nice. The 21876 was probably the best 6.5 ROM ever made IMO and it was an absolute fluke it was so stable but it does work amazingly. That or MightyROM 4 is probably the best for 6.1. I know it's like me giving myself a plug but I made it no frills so that it would be designed to be stable.

stogguul 04-15-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 2084719)
Honestly my ROM is very nice. The 21876 was probably the best 6.5 ROM ever made IMO and it was an absolute fluke it was so stable but it does work amazingly. That or MightyROM 4 is probably the best for 6.1. I know it's like me giving myself a plug but I made it no frills so that it would be designed to be stable.

+1 for ObviouslyStableRom

This is the ROM I've been using for almost a year now. It still freezes sometimes - but overall is pretty stable.

I love that it has cooked in RSS Hub :)

Thanks MrObvious. I'll probably use this ROM till I change my phone when my contract expires.

oakville 04-17-2011 09:33 AM

thanks guys for sharing. flashed my phone with Mighty ROM, and running for one week, hang once only (appears related to a notification from quick gps). disable the auto sync of quick gps, and phone runs fine without hanging until this point. thanks again for sharing.

wildanw2 04-18-2011 04:33 AM

Anyone still have the 6.1 ROM for HTC Diamond CDMA...any Caulkin or MightyROM? Would you please upload them somewhere? I don't need the latest but I need a ROM which is good looking, fast and stable.
Thanks. :confused2:

MrObvious 04-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stogguul (Post 2085357)
+1 for ObviouslyStableRom

This is the ROM I've been using for almost a year now. It still freezes sometimes - but overall is pretty stable.

I love that it has cooked in RSS Hub :)

Thanks MrObvious. I'll probably use this ROM till I change my phone when my contract expires.

You're welcome! I just had to share. If I had a digitizer that worked I would probably still be rocking this ROM or using Android.