PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Juggalo_X's Notification Enhancements (LED Flash Hack)

Here is a Cab installer that enhances the notification options for:

Missed Call
Voice Mail
New SMS/Text Message
New Email Message
Reminders
RSS: HUB

The enhancements are as follows:

- Retains/Adds the ability to change the LED Flashing/Pulsing Duration for all of the above
- Retains/Adds the ability to display message on screen for all of the above
- Retains/Adds the ability to enable vibration notification for all of the above

The Reg edits are as follows:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications]
@=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]
"AvailableOptions"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D660-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{15F1 1F90-8A5F-454c-89FC-BA9B7AAB0CAD}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{695F 6B37-EE99-489b-982D-F9A46A944ED1}]

Now i know what you're all thinking "we love you Juggalo_X" and i say you're welcome

Just extract the Zip file and copy the cab installer to your device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Juggalo_Xs Notification Enhancements.zip (1,003 Bytes, 954 views) Click for barcode!

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 10-09-2008 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 78 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Juggalo_X's Notification Enhancements

Awesome!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm not sure if I want this yet but THANKS for the option!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
i'm not sure if I want this yet but THANKS for the option!!
it does what it says it enables options in the "sounds and notifications" settings that were once unavailable
Old 10-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Now i know what you're all thinking "we love you Juggalo_X" and i say you're welcome
I guess you already said it for me.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Has anyone found a way to set a notification for Picture Mail?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

awesome work. I wonder if theres any way now to make the light flash for less than 5 min. 5 min is the minimum time, but it could save a lil battery life if you get a lot of texts/emails/etc. I wouldnt mind 1/2 min as a minimum time
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
awesome work. I wonder if theres any way now to make the light flash for less than 5 min. 5 min is the minimum time, but it could save a lil battery life if you get a lot of texts/emails/etc. I wouldnt mind 1/2 min as a minimum time
an LED takes up little current. it literally will make no battery difference that you will notice dude.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Loki007420 is a n00b

what am i doing wrong i installed the cab and did a soft rest... Nothing is different i dont see any other options in sounds and notifications.. And nothing is different...
Old 10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki007420 View Post
what am i doing wrong i installed the cab and did a soft rest... Nothing is different i dont see any other options in sounds and notifications.. And nothing is different...
this allows you to change the LED duration while retaining all other notification abilities.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond