PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dont know what that is
Carrier: dont got one

Blaziner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advice Needed

I bought an htc touch diamond in china, and i got the man to change the langauge from chiniese to english, I'm not sure what he did to it.

im pretty sure he unlocked it, and now i want to sync it with my computer and download updates and games and what ever. I just want to know what i should avoid in order to not brick my phone.

all advice to keep my phone alive is welcomed, and please excuse my english i am spanish.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Advice Needed

If you'll notice our stickied threads in the diamond section, you can find great information there.

Such as:

Most interesting free Diamond apps Downloads here

Other than that I'd suggest not putting games on there unless it comes from the marketplace but that's just me. You never know if the games have a bad link or file and it could really mess up the phone.

Be sure to get the marketplace from here to get your apps safely!

Maybe others can help more, my minds going blank now.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Blaziner is a n00b

Thank you so much for your help, ive been waiting for awhile before i touch my phone.

but what i was really wondering was, if i plug in my phone to my computer and download the official updates from the phone center.

will it sense that my phones been hacked and brick it? if i download anything official will my phone be bricked?

also, how do i download official apps for free?

thank you so much for your help

Last edited by Blaziner; 12-03-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

If it is an official update for your phone, it will not brick it no matter what current ROM or hack your phone has.

but it will erase all your data and basically take it back to "stock".

it sounds like someone flashed HSPL (unlocked) and then flashed an English ROM on the phone.

install whatever games/apps you want to, and don't worry about bricking your phone unless you flash the wrong radio or ROM. Any updates to apps or anything like that won't harm your phone at all.

The only way you are going to brick the phone is flashing a custom radio or custom ROM that is for the wrong device or GSM on CDMA (or vice versa)
Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Blaziner is a n00b

thank you so much, i can finnally try out some new games, but the funny thing is...

I dicided to get everything ready, and now zune wont detect my phone!!

argh!! one problem after another... when ever i plug in my phone it says

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel.

could that have anything to do with zune not ditecting my phone?

btw, windows mobile device connects with it.

Last edited by Blaziner; 12-03-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:23 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziner View Post
thank you so much, i can finnally try out some new games, but the funny thing is...

I dicided to get everything ready, and now zune wont detect my phone!!

argh!! one problem after another... when ever i plug in my phone it says

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel.

could that have anything to do with zune not ditecting my phone?

btw, windows mobile device connects with it.
when you connect your phone to your USB, on your phone select "disk drive mode" and Zune should recognize it as an iPod-like device.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Blaziner is a n00b

ya i already tried this, it still hasn't recognized it.

i just realized that i have windows mobile version 6.1 could that be the issue?

im using windows 7, if that matters.

Last edited by Blaziner; 12-03-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
ya i already tried this, it still hasn't recognized it.

i just realized that i have windows mobile version 6.1 could that be the issue?

im using windows 7, if that matters.

the fact that it's winmo 6.1 shouldn't matter, and windows7 shouldn't either.

Honestly I don't use Zune so not sure how that software sees it, but in disk mode you can just manually move an MP3s or music files to a folder on your External Storage when it pops up, then when you disconnect the USB your music player on your phone will scan and recognize the music.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Blaziner is a n00b

I just want to use zune to get official updates and apps.

is there another way to do so? maybe one that lets me get apps for free, when they should cost money?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I just want to use zune to get official updates and apps.

is there another way to do so? maybe one that lets me get apps for free, when they should cost money?
Getting apps for free when they should cost money is known as "warez" and is illegal and also not allowed to be talked on this site. Doing so can get you banned from the site. Check out our Rules at the fop right of your screen.

As far as getting Zune updates, I'm not really sure what you mean. How were you going to use your Diamond to do that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond