PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Registry edit for the stylus pulled out (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135470)

h2onions 10-14-2010 10:58 PM

Registry edit for the stylus pulled out

Is there a registry edit or setting to stop the phone from turning on from standby when the stylus is pulled out?

josh3794 10-15-2010 11:52 AM

Re: Registry edit for the stylus pulled out

There are a couple of options that I have come across. Some diamond models have the senor located behind the battery and some have it located right where the stylus enters the phone. You can put a peice of tape over it to disable the sensor without having to do anything else.

Touchlock pro is a program that you can use to disable any or all of the sensors on the phone.

Or the registry entry that I found using google is HKLU > controlpanel > keybrd >stylusinout

My phone does not have this entry so I have no idea if it changing the entry works.

2 Bunny 10-18-2010 04:54 PM

LOL OPPOSITE Reply

I have the same problem, only the opposite. No matter what I do, the device refuses to wake up and unlock itself if I remove the stylus. I blame it on the ROM, but there should be a CAB file to fix it somewhere.

I tried my best to interpret what "Josh3794" said, but I couldn't find the entry. I guess I'm just stuck with an ignorant Diamond for now I guess.

- 2 Bunny

josh3794 10-19-2010 08:53 AM

Re: LOL OPPOSITE Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 1976355)
I have the same problem, only the opposite. No matter what I do, the device refuses to wake up and unlock itself if I remove the stylus. I blame it on the ROM, but there should be a CAB file to fix it somewhere.

I tried my best to interpret what "Josh3794" said, but I couldn't find the entry. I guess I'm just stuck with an ignorant Diamond for now I guess.

- 2 Bunny

Like I mentioned in my post, my phone does not have the entry either. It was all I could find using google. My stylus does not unlock or wakeup the phone anymore because of being dropped a couple of times. The little sensor is broken because of it. You may have a similar problem if it's been dropped.

2 Bunny 10-19-2010 03:50 PM

KITCHEN Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh3794 (Post 1976821)
Like I mentioned in my post, my phone does not have the entry either. It was all I could find using google. My stylus does not unlock or wakeup the phone anymore because of being dropped a couple of times. The little sensor is broken because of it. You may have a similar problem if it's been dropped.

No, mine's still good. It was after I started using the OMJ kitchen. It has several other irritating quirks that you have to work out to make things usable upon flashing, but other than that its a pretty good kitchen with good free space levels (100MB+ for me on a Light ROM).

- 2 Bunny

josh3794 10-21-2010 10:28 AM

Re: Registry edit for the stylus pulled out

Must be a registry entry somewhere that controls that then. I have some work I want to do on my registry for the lockscreen. I'll hunt a bit and see if I find anything for the stylus while I'm doing that.