PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS

dabura is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing new ROM to my Diamond

Hi, I just got my HTC Diamond flashed to MetroPCS and eveyrthing is working, all except internet/MMS. I downloaded the CABs that suppose to fix that but my touch will not install it, i think its because im using Sprint stock ROM. I'm thinking about upgrading it to the custom ROMs that available here at PPCgeeks, but the Metro Guy at the store told me that i need to upgrade the PRL ( Prefered something list) whenever i upgrade my phone's ROMs to get my MetroPCS service continue to work. Is any one here have any idea what that is and how to do it?
Would be great if some one can help on the steps that i need to do before and after installing a ROM, thank you in advance ^^

Last edited by dabura; 02-02-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Flashing new ROM to my Diamond

PRL stands for preferred roaming list, which updates which towers your phone will connect to. As for flashing a custom rom ... please do yourself a favor and go read the stickies at the top of the "Diamond Upgrade" forum. It will give you a basic understanding of how to "unlock" your device and how to go about flashing. There are several here who will help you, but you need to help yourself a little, first. Welcome aboard ...
Old 02-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dabura is a n00b

I read those stickies but none of them have any info or steps regarding the PRL ( I'm not sure if this PRL reinstalling thingy is really necessary or the Metro guy just messing with me), can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabura View Post
I read those stickies but none of them have any info or steps regarding the PRL ( I'm not sure if this PRL reinstalling thingy is really necessary or the Metro guy just messing with me), can anyone confirm this?
The PRL is probably necessary if you were running a carrier specific ROM, i.e. one ONLY for Sprint.

Otherwise, running the DCD carrier cab for your provider is probably enough.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dabura is a n00b

Sooo flashing my Diamond with another ROM will not affect my MetroPCS service? Or do i have to find a way to reset it, i dont want to bring it back to the metro store they may charge me another $50
Old 02-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dabura is a n00b

I called the Metro guy that flashed my phone and told him about flashing my phone to another custom ROM, and he told me it will mess up the MetroPCS service, and i will be charge with another $50 to reflash it back to Metro. Can some one help with this? I really want to use MightyROM ( good battery life, nice interface) but i dont want to spend any unnecessary money on Metro, thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I suggest you check out howardforums.
Try here:

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=476
Old 02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dabura is a n00b

thanks i will give it a try, really appreciate it ^^
Old 02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Metro PCS

eltorvic is a n00b

this is the site i used http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...25&postcount=1

I had flashed a custom rom on my diamond but the settings on the EPST weren't sticking. I had to flash back to a sprint stock rom but preventing it from doing the customization part so that i will keep all my metro settings. After that I followed the tutorial to change the required EPST settings and it worked. after that i flashed to a custom rom, made sure the settings were still there then went ahead and set up my connection. my data works but mms is not downloading the message but i do get the notification.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: movilnet

ernyrey1 is a n00b
Re: Flashing new ROM to my Diamond cdma

Pleas this is important for flash rom diamond cdma. You have to translate to english.

La rom de movilner no se consigue y cuando dices que se bloquea el movil (se reinicia solo??) es porque usaste el una rom GSM necesitas usar solo rom CDMA una buena pag. donde las conseguiras es: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdispl...=67&order=desc otra cosa mas antes de instalar una necesitas desbloquear tu diamond esto servira: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1219905356 e usado varias rom ( alrededor de 6 ) todas andan sin ningun problema estoy cocinando una en espaƱol con el wm 6.5 lo coloco en un futuro "

Otra cosa para configurar los parametros de movilnet despues de activar una rom nueva seria asi

en conexiones>editar conexion> name= movilnet evdo> modo=celullar line> num=#777> usuario:tu num sin el o416 o 0426 ej (1054534@cantv.net > contraseƱa= clave de provisionamiento de datos ( la pides por el *611) y listo internet funcionando nuevamente ""

Otro para entrar en modo hybrido , 1x o evdo inicio>configuraciones>telefono>servicios>modo de operacion> y eliges... ( es mucho mas facil que entrar en el epts )

Si tienes algunas preguntas escribeme x aki no pv2 asi le sirve de ayuda a los demas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond