PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post 4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible?

Before I get attacked with it, I know I know that Diamond is old news and nobody wants to hear another duplicate of these threads, but out of the blue there was some new posts over at XDA Developers where out of the blue after the thread there had been inactive for over a year, this one fellow randomly posts out of the blue in July of this year (imagine that, on such an "obsolete" device) and says that the chipset supports MicroSD. To be honest, I don't care how much an 8GB MicroSD card would cost, but at this point, I would do anything to upgrade the storage in any way on this device (as many of you know, the supplied non upgradeable 4GB is a bit cramped) and that post makes it sound so promising, yet so out of reach. Is it actually a doable thing? Would it be difficult? What is all involved, or is this just a futile endeavor considering the device's "age"?

Thanks for all your help here in the community, fellow members.

- 2 Bunny

PS: LOL! Completely off topic I know, but is there a way to do Ad Hoc (Windows Mobile Device to Other Windows Mobile Device) file transfers with WiFi, and if so, is it faster than bluetooth?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

oliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoliverr871 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to oliverr871
Re: 4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible?

Get a Touch Pro
Old 08-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile TOUCH PRO Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverr871 View Post
Get a Touch Pro
True, but that thing is just too darn chubby for my liking.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-20-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Bushrod is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: TOUCH PRO Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 bunny View Post
true, but that thing is just too darn chubby for my liking.

- 2 bunny
twss!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 bunny View Post
true, but that thing is just too darn chubby for my liking.

- 2 bunny
twss!
If you asked me, this is a significant design flaw. Omnia had 8GB and the slot. I could've lived with one or the other on Diamond, but 4 cuts the corner pretty sharply.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: 4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Before I get attacked with it, I know I know that Diamond is old news and nobody wants to hear another duplicate of these threads, but out of the blue there was some new posts over at XDA Developers where out of the blue after the thread there had been inactive for over a year, this one fellow randomly posts out of the blue in July of this year (imagine that, on such an "obsolete" device) and says that the chipset supports MicroSD. To be honest, I don't care how much an 8GB MicroSD card would cost, but at this point, I would do anything to upgrade the storage in any way on this device (as many of you know, the supplied non upgradeable 4GB is a bit cramped) and that post makes it sound so promising, yet so out of reach. Is it actually a doable thing? Would it be difficult? What is all involved, or is this just a futile endeavor considering the device's "age"?

Thanks for all your help here in the community, fellow members.

- 2 Bunny

PS: LOL! Completely off topic I know, but is there a way to do Ad Hoc (Windows Mobile Device to Other Windows Mobile Device) file transfers with WiFi, and if so, is it faster than bluetooth?

I don't think it's possible. Just because the chipset supports it doesn't mean much. Isn't it the same chipset as the touch pro? They probably just cloned it.

also: I am going to have to cite your egregious overuse of the term "out of the blue"
Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Smile EGREGERIOUS Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
also: I am going to have to cite your egregious overuse of the term "out of the blue"
Citation taken. I realize just how "out of the blue" that really was. Guess I was having one of those "why HTC, WHY!" days.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
4gb, 8gb, microsd, nand, sdhc