PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131615)

2 Bunny 08-15-2010 03:29 PM

4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible?

Before I get attacked with it, I know I know that Diamond is old news and nobody wants to hear another duplicate of these threads, but out of the blue there was some new posts over at XDA Developers where out of the blue after the thread there had been inactive for over a year, this one fellow randomly posts out of the blue in July of this year (imagine that, on such an "obsolete" device) and says that the chipset supports MicroSD. To be honest, I don't care how much an 8GB MicroSD card would cost, but at this point, I would do anything to upgrade the storage in any way on this device (as many of you know, the supplied non upgradeable 4GB is a bit cramped) and that post makes it sound so promising, yet so out of reach. Is it actually a doable thing? Would it be difficult? What is all involved, or is this just a futile endeavor considering the device's "age"?

Thanks for all your help here in the community, fellow members.

- 2 Bunny

PS: LOL! Completely off topic I know, but is there a way to do Ad Hoc (Windows Mobile Device to Other Windows Mobile Device) file transfers with WiFi, and if so, is it faster than bluetooth?

oliverr871 08-18-2010 12:28 PM

Re: 4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible?

Get a Touch Pro

2 Bunny 08-19-2010 01:22 PM

TOUCH PRO Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliverr871 (Post 1916064)
Get a Touch Pro

True, but that thing is just too darn chubby for my liking.

- 2 Bunny

Bushrod 08-20-2010 12:22 PM

Re: TOUCH PRO Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 bunny (Post 1917372)
true, but that thing is just too darn chubby for my liking.

- 2 bunny

twss!

2 Bunny 08-20-2010 01:59 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrod
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 bunny (Post 1917372)
true, but that thing is just too darn chubby for my liking.

- 2 bunny

twss!

If you asked me, this is a significant design flaw. Omnia had 8GB and the slot. I could've lived with one or the other on Diamond, but 4 cuts the corner pretty sharply.

- 2 Bunny

orangekid 08-27-2010 10:27 AM

Re: 4GB NAND Upgrade or MicroSD Possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Bunny (Post 1911980)
Before I get attacked with it, I know I know that Diamond is old news and nobody wants to hear another duplicate of these threads, but out of the blue there was some new posts over at XDA Developers where out of the blue after the thread there had been inactive for over a year, this one fellow randomly posts out of the blue in July of this year (imagine that, on such an "obsolete" device) and says that the chipset supports MicroSD. To be honest, I don't care how much an 8GB MicroSD card would cost, but at this point, I would do anything to upgrade the storage in any way on this device (as many of you know, the supplied non upgradeable 4GB is a bit cramped) and that post makes it sound so promising, yet so out of reach. Is it actually a doable thing? Would it be difficult? What is all involved, or is this just a futile endeavor considering the device's "age"?

Thanks for all your help here in the community, fellow members.

- 2 Bunny

PS: LOL! Completely off topic I know, but is there a way to do Ad Hoc (Windows Mobile Device to Other Windows Mobile Device) file transfers with WiFi, and if so, is it faster than bluetooth?

I don't think it's possible. Just because the chipset supports it doesn't mean much. Isn't it the same chipset as the touch pro? They probably just cloned it.

also: I am going to have to cite your egregious overuse of the term "out of the blue"

2 Bunny 08-27-2010 07:24 PM

EGREGERIOUS Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1925745)
also: I am going to have to cite your egregious overuse of the term "out of the blue"

Citation taken. I realize just how "out of the blue" that really was. Guess I was having one of those "why HTC, WHY!" days.

- 2 Bunny