PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question for activate phone on Sprint network with custom ROM

Hi Guys, I know this has been discussed somewhere, but for you that have done this, please help.
I unlocked and flashed my sprint diamond with OMJ's 6.5.5 23569 rom. Then I switched to TP2. Now when I tried to re-activate the diamond, I can't get the diamond to work, and those ##***# program command doesn't work.
I searched and checked the phone code part, looks like I need to change the IMDI number to the one they gave me when I activate it. Is that true?
Do I have to flash back to stock rom to do so? Can I flash a stock rom when my phone is unlocked?
Or can I just install the Profile updater PRL updater software to get the update?
Thanks.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile SPRINT Reply

Normally, nothing extra is needed. Usually after flashing a new ROM, your device should be ready to go right away. Personally, I never did any of those "#" codes when I initially activated - just too annoying for me. Try rebooting the device (this will get it going on the network again if it isn't already), and then hit "update profile" in the control panel to get your data working (this will finish right away, but sometimes you won't get data right away. Guess that's what we've got WiFi for, right?) and you should be all set.

Good Luck.

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 08-12-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: '
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Question for activate phone on Sprint network with custom ROM

thread moved....upgrades forum is for chefs only

I would just flash back to stock, get the phone activated & working, then flash the custom ROM
Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, sorry about posting in upgrade forum.
I downloaded the profile_PRL_update cab from OMJ's ROM first page, and used it to updated the profile, and it worked.
I also found that, by running the PST in folder Phone Code, there're three options, View, Edit, Exit? When select Edit, it requests passcode, I put the code that's given by the activation process, the secondary code, not the one time use only code, it actually let me through. That's in the manual activation process, input the code between ## and #, not include "#". Then you can edit one field, I remember it's MSID. I think, I didn't try, by changing the MSID to the one provided in the procedure of activation by Sprint, you can activate the phone. I used the profile update, and that worked for me. But to my understanding, the only thing that needs to be changed is this MSID, because when I chose view, that's the one that I found didn't match the procedure.
Roll it back to stock rom just take too much effort. I changed the radio too, so I'll have to do all those again.
This might only work for OMJ's rom because I didn't see a phone code folder in some other roms I used. But, that said, you can either install the Profile update cab to activate or install the phone code cab, I saw it somewhere.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: SPRINT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Normally, nothing extra is needed. Usually after flashing a new ROM, your device should be ready to go right away. Personally, I never did any of those "#" codes when I initially activated - just too annoying for me. Try rebooting the device (this will get it going on the network again if it isn't already), and then hit "update profile" in the control panel to get your data working (this will finish right away, but sometimes you wont' get data right away. Guess that's what we've got WiFi for, right?) and you should be all set.

Good Luck.

- 2 Bunny
Thanks bunny, I was looking for Update Profile cab, I didn't install it originally, but when I was scrambling to find that, I remember I downloaded it the first time I download OMJ's ROM, it was on the first page, how stupid I am
Old 08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch dimond
Carrier: sprint

raven.warsong is a n00b

This happened to me after I installed a new rom then updated the prl file.

I flash with stock rom then re flashed worked fine then.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven.warsong View Post
This happened to me after I installed a new rom then updated the prl file.

I flash with stock rom then re flashed worked fine then.
I saw that suggestion, but I have two diamonds, one at stock 6.1, I just don't want to do the dance around, or I can just unlock the stock one. But playing around the unlocked one is more preferred. Anyway, it's a good exercise for me to know how to do things because I would do things like that in the future I believe. I'm stuck with WinMo
Old 08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile SPRINT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I saw that suggestion, but I have two diamonds, one at stock 6.1, I just don't want to do the dance around, or I can just unlock the stock one. But playing around the unlocked one is more preferred. Anyway, it's a good exercise for me to know how to do things because I would do things like that in the future I believe. I'm stuck with WinMo
No prob man. Don't worry, "suck with WinMo" is certainly a good "situation" to be in, LOL! Glad we could help you out. I know I heard all these horror stories about ## numbers and "programming", but its all as easy as a reset and hitting a button and another reset. Now while those resets take agonizingly long, you are guaranteed a working situation when you're done, as you have now (like me) discovered.
Welcome to the club.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond