PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 AM
n2v
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: bell

n2v is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help ulocking and changing carriers on htc touch

hey guys- big newb here in the phone tinkering and was looking for a little help-

i want to unlock and change from a bell carrier to whichever-i can - this phone has no contract but i understand i need o unlock in order to go to a differnet carrier
can anyonepoint me in the right direction

not afraid to read either i am just a little confused and dont want to fook anything up -

thanks in advance\\n2v
Old 07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

josh3794 is keeping up the good workjosh3794 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: help ulocking and changing carriers on htc touch

Hey N2V.
Here is the link to unlocking the phone. Read through everything there and that should get you started.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Unless your planning on moving to the states your carrier options are going to be limited to Bell, Telus or a provincial provider that is CDMA.

Here is a link about switching from Telus to a provincial provider. It has some links in it to other resources for you to read through.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...carrier+switch
Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Unlocking just allows you to flash a custom rom or radio to your device not switch carriers at will. You have a cdma phone and you are thinking of SIM Unlocking which is for gsm devices which allows you to use any gsm carrier you want. The only way you can switch carriers with a cdma device (legally) is contact the carrier you want to use and see if they will add your phones esn to their network which allows you to make/receive calls on their network. That can be difficult.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond